Lt. Commander
# 2731
01-30-2014, 01:29 AM
You know that sinking feeling when you warp into a esTF instance and relies you are in a tos Connie? Well that happened when I warped into azure last night. I went oh $&@%!!! And did my best to not blow up (only happened once!!!) and ninja some ships (when you get close enough to detractor but not get shot at) and got 3-5 ships by myself or nearly by myself. And then at the end, the &$@hole in the scimitar that was there says "Welcome for the points kimio and I can't name the other guy" and then, keeping my anger under control, because we got 30 marks of out choice plus the 5 fleet marks, said GG and warped out. Then the player continued too be a &$&hole and pming me saying that I was a loser and that my parents must hate me. I replied. Once. And I said "stop being such a a-hole (ignored)" and then I ignored him. I felt very justified. Wanted to que with him again just to see him blow a cap. A-hole.

And last week there was a conduit elite I was in and the idiots went to the right. We blew the cube and then when we went after the transformer and gens. They flew off and I didn't notice till I looked around a minute later and wondered it they were all in Miranda's. no. They had flow to the other side and got pissed at me for being on the right. Need I say more? Oh, and there was another scimitar a hole. He was all sorts of pissed. Said that I was a noob and that I must have gotten va a minute ago etc etc, when I have done hundreds of these. Or it feels like it.

Just shows what kind of idiots play the game to play bully.
Ensign
# 2732
01-30-2014, 11:14 PM
So 1 day ago or so I enter Infected: the conduit Elite. Me and other 4 went to the right after blasting the first cube and spheras. Then 1 guy tels me go to the left abnd start the generators. I go here he says ''you n00b ass does too little DPS what set-up you got?''
I say ''x4 Polaron dual heavy cannons front and 4 polaron beam aft with 4 consoles. Then he says: that Breen ship from Q sucks no wonder you do soo little.
I tell him ''i got +28.1% tac consoles it is good enought''
He says ''you need 1 plasma torp 1 photon 1 disruptor 1 phase front and 3 turrets on back plus tractor beam launcher. I tell him it would reduce damage he started ranting he is 700 day veteran and i am a n00b nobody who knows **** about playing.
20 mins later he was ranting on and on and on. Right side failed optional. Who's fault was it? Mine. And I wasn't even here which I pointed out he tels me I should of been with team not going galavanting on my own. I tel him he sent me here. He caled me a lier.
I say ''scroll team chat'' he says ''i gonna scroll you in a moment...'' a moment pased and he was still ranting.
They came to the left to work here and he tells me ''go get spheras''
I said ''not going alone'' then he was silent then tac cube entered a little later landed on him and killed him.
He respawned and then he found new item.
He said ''i note that your name sudgest you are a p****.
''STO is a boy's game - grow a stick or leave''
Someone else said ''if you said that to me i would castrate yours'' and they just sat here not moving not shooting and ranting and exchanging words.
I say ''if you do that you gonna get AFK Penallty'' And followed his long list of who is veteran and who is a p**** n00b.
Me and 3 others destroyed gate and them 2 were ranting on.
The he started giving orders on how to do the tac cube
He was told to stick it. And he started calling that guy a gay. Ipmed other 3 and say let's just get on with it ourselfs and ignore that idiot.
We killed cube and he kept ranting on. I stayed on map till counter reached zero. Exited
He pms me shouting ''YOU ****** PIECE OF **** MOTHER ***** SACK OF **** STOLE MY DROP YOU NONE PIECE OF...'' etc etc etc.
I say ''you are 700 day veteran don't you know the drop is for al to colect?''
He ''DON'T ***** TELL ME YOU ***** ***** SACK OF **** MOTHER SON OF....''
I said ''ok seems you don't know yet may be in 700 days more you wil notice''
After 5 mins he pms me saying ''I GOT AFK PENALTY BECAUSE OF Y **** ASS SACK ''etc etc etc
Then ''I will complain to your fleet you get booted you etc etc etc''
Honestly he is a 700 day veteran who tels me to build a rainbow ship?
Then he don't pick drop. And if he got AFK Penalty he should know here wasn't any drop for him any way.
After reading a few pages of this post I guess it is not much of a surprise. People like this can really put you off playing a game - any game - for a long time.
just my 2 cents
Captain
# 2733
01-30-2014, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperwitch23 View Post
So 1 day ago or so I enter Infected: the conduit Elite. Me and other 4 went to the right after blasting the first cube and spheras. Then 1 guy tels me go to the left abnd start the generators. I go here he says ''you n00b ass does too little DPS what set-up you got?''
I say ''x4 Polaron dual heavy cannons front and 4 polaron beam aft with 4 consoles. Then he says: that Breen ship from Q sucks no wonder you do soo little.
He says ''you need 1 plasma torp 1 photon 1 disruptor 1 phase front and 3 turrets on back plus tractor beam launcher. I tell him it would reduce damage he started ranting he is 700 day veteran and i am a n00b nobody who knows **** about playing.
20 mins later he was ranting on and on and on. Right side failed optional. Who's fault was it? Mine. And I wasn't even here which I pointed out he tels me I should of been with team not going galavanting on my own. I tel him he sent me here. He caled me a lier.
I say ''scroll team chat'' he says ''i gonna scroll you in a moment...'' a moment pased and he was still ranting.
I said ''not going alone'' then he was silent then tac cube entered a little later landed on him and killed him.
Someone else said ''if you said that to me i would castrate yours'' and they just sat here not moving not shooting and ranting and exchanging words.
I say ''if you do that you gonna get AFK Penallty'' And followed his long list of who is veteran and who is a p**** n00b.
He was told to stick it. And he started calling that guy a gay. Ipmed other 3 and say let's just get on with it ourselfs and ignore that idiot.
We killed cube and he kept ranting on. I stayed on map till counter reached zero. Exited
He pms me shouting ''YOU ****** PIECE OF **** MOTHER ***** SACK OF **** STOLE MY DROP YOU NONE PIECE OF...'' etc etc etc.
After 5 mins he pms me saying ''I GOT AFK PENALTY BECAUSE OF Y **** ASS SACK ''etc etc etc
Then he don't pick drop. And if he got AFK Penalty he should know here wasn't any drop for him any way.
After reading a few pages of this post I guess it is not much of a surprise. People like this can really put you off playing a game - any game - for a long time.
just my 2 cents
Id love for that guy to meet ANY of my chars. The setup he described is absolutely horrid.

You doin fine, witch, dont let that dude get ya down.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Rihannsu
# 2734
01-31-2014, 04:34 AM
I run a dedicated rainbow boat.... and that guy's setup makes mine look godly.... O_O'
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 2735
01-31-2014, 04:55 AM
Usual 'not an STF but......' disclaimer; and with that out of the way:

Had an interesting 'Storming the Spire' before the servers went down yesterday. Not actually a terrible instance, although not the best. And I will note that the player I'll be referring to wasn't bad, or abusive, or anything of the like - just overconfident.

Anyway, warped in - the team was myself in my trusty Fleet Rhode Island, an Atrox,a Scimitar, a Mogh and a Chel'Gret. A few seconds before the mission starts the player, in a Chel'Gret, states that he is going left back, and adds that he "won't need any assitance" . didn't think any more of it and flew to the right. Dispatched the troop ship sitting in the back right-hand side bay, and headed to the middle to assist the Atrox, which had attracted some unwanted attenion. Myself and the Atrox cleared that portion, whilst the Scimitar and the Mogh were trashing the Voth ship's on the middle-right area.
However, the Chel'gret was in over his head - whilst the troop ship on his side was weakened, it was still 'alive' but the Chel'Gret's shields were on red on his hull was down pretty low. Flew over, GWIII'd the Voth ships, fired a Graviton TSIII into the GW and healed the Chel'Gret, who then managed to kill the troop ship, subsequently claiming that he'd been caught off-guard.

Anyway, long story short - the instance continued in that manner, with the rest of the team holding their own nicely but the Chel'Gret biting off more than it could chew and requiring a heal or three from myself and the others.

Needless to say, when we reached the shuttles/Dreadnought stage he flew straight off toward the Dreadnought. Didn't bother following him, as my Rhode Island is pretty well suited to intercepting shuttles, and noted that the Dreadnought swatted him pretty quickly.

Instance ended, Scimi player said 'GG', but the Chel'Gret warped out pretty quickly without a word. Would have been nice if he could have at least acknowledged our heals/assistance, but hey - there you go.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
# 2736
01-31-2014, 10:52 AM
Quote:
just my 2 cents
I so hope a dev reads this quote and my suggestion. Make anyone in a team event that swears like this targetable like the enemy. That way they can enjoy friendly fire for their lack of civility.
Captain
# 2737
01-31-2014, 03:28 PM
Quote:
just my 2 cents
The idiocy continues, it's like some people were not brought up with manners, STFs are team based not hotshots running their mouths

Mirror NX, you know you want it
Career Officer
# 2738
02-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Khit Ground - Everything goes peachy... but then damn DoT takes me faster than usually, so I hurry to heal up... while spilling coffee on myself. <.< >.>
Don't drink & STF, kids.

"not yIbup. not yIjegh. Haw'be', SuvwI'.
reH yIvoq'egh, not yIHon'egh 'ej 'IwlIj ghogh yIQoy!"

~jodarkrider's female torso improvements suggestions~
Twitter - @JanDarkrider (mostly RP & self-parody in character)
Starfleet Veteran
# 2739
02-04-2014, 01:53 AM
I was fighting a borg tac cube (How most stories start. Stupid cheating Borg ), and I was just enjoying my Hirogen Apex Battlecruiser. I felt god-like. Everything was melting before my eyes, I was shrugging off fire from enemies left and right.

After blowing up the gate in "The Conduit Elite" que, we were ready to turn around and fight the cube--of course, I look at what was passing by the rear of my ship...

I figured the full shields, full hull, etc, would stop it--oh no, I was wrong. I was very wrong.

A Heavy Plasma Torpedo III, not even aimed directly at me, taps the nacelle of my ship, rips through my shield, and sent me packing for 80k + hull damage.

Needless to say, but "WTF-BOOM".

I could hear Q laughing his butt off from far away, just instant replaying this moment over and over.

That ruined an entire day of feeling invincible. Still, my funniest moment and my worst. Can't say I have any bad problems with other players and other situations because I've refused to acknowledge them to this date.
Captain
# 2740
02-04-2014, 04:59 AM
Had two that were more eyebrow-raising than worst.

The first was going into the Conduit Elite. I'd been challenging myself to use other machines other than my Chet Grell and my MVAE, so I took my Mirror Heavy and prepared myself. Now, the few times I went into, I did have my butt handed to me. This time, I could only watch in shock as the other players in there just utterly dominated the mission. I think it was over in less than six minutes! I barely had time to register hits!

The second was a Fleet Alert. Went up against the Tholians. Got down to the final wave and, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM - three of the five up and disappeared. There was only me in my Mirror Heavy and another in an Defiant. I knew that wasn't enough and I was ready to escape and warp out. However, I decided to click on the siege craft for the Tholians and saw that it was down to 20% Hull. I couldn't believe it - that Defiant was tearing up the Tholian siege craft! I decided there was just a bit of a fighting chance, turned around and went back in to fight.