Captain
# 2771
02-18-2014, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortuus2408 View Post
I have tons of bad experiances

The Worst:
Some ppl think it would be funny to send me FLEET INVITES during STF's, it is extremly annoying and distracting. Some ppl think it would be funny to SPAM me with Fleet invites during STF's

This is the current record: 15 Invites in 1 STF' *same Fleet Troll* i won't mention his name.

Most of the time i get destroyed because of it....

Getting chased by Spheres and decline Fleet Invites at the same time is not funny.
there is an option to hinder people to send you ninja invites...so fail, probably also fail because you die of it.

got a story of my own:

ISE, after the first cube, i thought (and how was i wrong) that the grp packed enough dps so that i could split away and solo the right side...which i did, just to realise that the left side (all 4 remaining grp members) failed at the bonus objective. 2 thumbs up for 31th flotte!

honestly i don't care about the objective, but when 4 people are unable to take out one side, it becomes obvious that "elite" difficulty is still very much "elite" for most players.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 02-20-2014 at 03:45 AM.
Captain
# 2772
02-21-2014, 12:56 AM
Had a funny one yesterday. Infected Elite.
Right from the start I raised an eyebrow. Me on my Odyssey and I see two Galaxy-X, a Sovereign (I think) and one of the new Dyson destroyers (FED). I thought "ok, cruiser fest", better go with the 10% rule just on the safe side...
Obviously that I know that an all cruiser's team has no major issues, but I usually notice it takes longer and needs a bit more attention. This was no exception. Still, despite the 10% rule not being strictly followed, it was more or less and things were getting done.
The funny part in all that is that someone in team chat calls "noob" to the others, but is the first one to get killed. Now, to be honest I don't know if he wrote that before or after popping up, but I can't help finding that humurous. All things considered, noobs or not, it got done, optional and all. And I managed not to die. Noobs 1 - "Vet" nill

Career Officer
# 2773
02-21-2014, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmgtorres1979 View Post
Had a funny one yesterday. Infected Elite.
Right from the start I raised an eyebrow. Me on my Odyssey and I see two Galaxy-X, a Sovereign (I think) and one of the new Dyson destroyers (FED). I thought "ok, cruiser fest", better go with the 10% rule just on the safe side...
Obviously that I know that an all cruiser's team has no major issues, but I usually notice it takes longer and needs a bit more attention. This was no exception. Still, despite the 10% rule not being strictly followed, it was more or less and things were getting done.
The funny part in all that is that someone in team chat calls "noob" to the others, but is the first one to get killed. Now, to be honest I don't know if he wrote that before or after popping up, but I can't help finding that humurous. All things considered, noobs or not, it got done, optional and all. And I managed not to die. Noobs 1 - "Vet" nill

10% rule? Can't remember the last time that was even necessary considering how quickly some of the OP ships now in the game can burn through it.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Commander
# 2774
02-21-2014, 03:52 AM
Ok, I have a new experience that recently popped up. It was ISE. You know that it's going to be a bad day when you forget to change out of you "realistic battles" loadout, (no weapons or consoles above mk x, no shields above mk XI, no fleet or reputation items, not special consoles, etc. basically you limit yourself to make the battles more realistic when playing with others that are taking part) and yet you are still pulling the aggro with some max threat generation ships on your team. I pulled 2,500 dps with that setup (it was a wip on my attempt to maximize output with limited imput, so it didn't have very good doffs or boffs) and I will still the highest dps on the team. Not only did I have my realistic setup, I was also constantly dying because I was pulling all of the aggro. Needless to say, the 10% rule was completely ignored in a time it was needed most, and we completely failed the optional. We finally managed to make it through to the end, and three of the four other players drop-out before defeating the cube. I don't think anyone would have been able to defeat the tax cube in a 2,500 dps defiant retrofit that had sustained approximately 6 injuries do to death by 5 ships targeting me at once, and a rainbow single cannon and turret galaxy x. After the match, I checked the logs. I did twice as dps as the galaxy, and the others didn't even have above 1,000. I didn't even think that was possible, I mean, what were they doing?!?!?!?!
Captain
# 2775
02-21-2014, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
10% rule? Can't remember the last time that was even necessary considering how quickly some of the OP ships now in the game can burn through it.
Me neither...
Except when it's all cruisers
Rihannsu
# 2776
02-21-2014, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
When I do it we just have a different person target each one. they usually blow in quick succession and we only have a few spheres to mop up.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 2777
02-22-2014, 07:43 PM
Just did a run of Khitomer Vortex elite with 4 cruisers and a Kar'Fi.

It took 2 people per side to mop up probes, I had to keep running back and forth between generators and probes because people kept on asking for help, then there was a runaway cube.

At the beginning 4 people go left, I go right, next thing I know everyone goes right.

One idiot said "probes are not the goal of the mission". I had to ask him if he was stupid because they are a goal of the mission because (1) if enough get through then the mission fails and we all get 1 hour cooldown and (2) we all want the bonus from not failing the optional.

I really don't know how we still managed to get the optional.
Commander
# 2778
02-23-2014, 08:40 PM
i've been playing STFs since before free to play. and i can tell you many stories of fail.

since i play ISE most, i have alot of stories to tell about that one. one such story is when most of the squad went left, and one guy went right. ignoring the cube, he popped a single generator and then attempted to fight the spheres by himself. after dieing, he suddenly realized we were all on the left side and went to join us. my guess is he'd never done any STF before. and this is why i think elite mode has to be unlocked by getting optional on normal first :/
to make that story worse, the same idiot tried to blame it on us, because apparently his fleet told him the team will follow the best player and that he clearly filled this role by flying a sovereign class. after 5 minutes of him screwing up the mission i finally told him i've seen mirandas be more helpful in ISE then he was. :/ i dont like being rude in missions, but when there's a stuck up idiot trying to take all the credit for what little progress is made in a mission that's gone as wrong as possible because of him, i tend to snap.

its reasons like that i have often wished there was a way to contact a fleet leader about members. a member like that should be pulled aside and taught how to do it properly, and if he cant learn, kick him. i've had this sort of dude several times, and when i see an idiot in my team, i tend to remember his fleet name and will notice if many of that fleet act like idiots. eventually i will ignore that whole fleet, so it is important for fleet leaders to teach their members how to play, or it could result in a very bad reputation for your fleet, true or not.
Timelords Fleet
Captain
# 2779
02-24-2014, 02:03 AM
So 30 minutes ago I pug queued up for a KASE on my tac dhelan kdf side.

I was reminded once again why I gave up pugging months ago, I was just bored.

Spawned in, get to tac cube, no prob, he dies pretty easy, would find out later that it was pretty much all me, but ill get to that.

So, I pick my side, go right as is normal for me, take out the pair of probes and start working on the near transformer, pretty standard. All four of the others go to the left. I figure ok cool, they will come help me finish up when they are done.

It becomes obvious to me right after I blow the near side transformer and am working on the far side cube that something is horribly wrong. They havent even killed their first cube yet. Meanwhile i have killed all of my probes and gotten this far, solo.

I challenge myself inside to try something I havent had to do in over six months.

I go full bore and let the gate drop me under 50, pop my GDF and go to town.

I pop my gate, while covering my own probes while they still had one transformer up.

Literally did my entire side in the time it took the other four to get to their second transformer.

It gets worse.

This guy will become relevant later on too, i see some yahoo pushing the spheres and four probes that just spawned TOWARDS the vortex. I get there just in time to stop him and pop all of their spheres and probes. Meanwhile they just now are finishing up their gate.

Somehow, and I honestly dont know how, we get optional.

Anyway Donatra spawns up, and... remember the tractor beam repulsors guy? He starts pushing Donatra ALL OVER THE MAP. It takes me almost 15 minutes to kill her because of this. Every time I finally get her into a position where I can line up and hammer on her, he shoves her away from me.

I hadnt even said a word, in fact didnt say anything other than "my side is done" when I popped my gate earlier.

I hate pugs. But I pretty much soloed KASE. =/
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Survivor of Romulus
# 2780
02-24-2014, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
Anyway Donatra spawns up, and... remember the tractor beam repulsors guy? He starts pushing Donatra ALL OVER THE MAP. It takes me almost 15 minutes to kill her because of this. Every time I finally get her into a position where I can line up and hammer on her, he shoves her away from me.

I hadnt even said a word, in fact didnt say anything other than "my side is done" when I popped my gate earlier.

I hate pugs. But I pretty much soloed KASE. =/
Ugh, bad memories there. Had the same problem a year ago. Got her down pretty far (6% or 7%), she decloaks and start her thalaron. Guy pushes her cone towards us. Boom, everyone dies. And what happens when everyone dies? Yes...
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^