Lt. Commander
# 2821
04-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Just did painful a run of Khitomer Vortex Elite with my Mirror Qin. I have no idea how we still got the optional.

1) Had one idiot in a T1 constitution. He kept on making excuses: "I forgot to switch my ship". He ended up getting the LOWEST dps of 375.

2) One person in a science vessel kept on going "PROBES! RIGHT SIDE! HELP!". At least this guy had decent dps and did something useful: gravity well.

3) Another person who recently reached lvl50 who just kept on dying who clearly isn't ready for Elite.

In the end we beat it with 1 minute to spare on the optional. I was surprised no one got near Donatra.

There seriously needs to be something that prevents queuing for STFs in anything lower than a lvl40 ship and MkX gear.
sto-afk-list.tumblr.com/
Commander
# 2822
04-04-2014, 10:55 PM
I just had my worst ISE ever.

All went on smoothly, everything blew up as desired, both transformers, gate, and eventually tac cube was down to about 20%. At that point, "server not responding". Had to log in again, and "timed out connection to server". Log in again, and I was back in that ISE after everyone else had picked up their loot. Of course, no reward for me.
May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
Lt. Commander
# 2823
04-05-2014, 05:51 AM
For whatever reasons these last days there is almost always an idiot in infected space that ruins the optional intentionally for everyone, by attacking the right side completely on their own.

Yes, the optional doesn't matter that much anymore, but it is still completely pointless and only sucks the fun out of it for the others.
Lieutenant
# 2824
04-05-2014, 11:55 AM
I hate the damn gates in elite with their shield draining beams and then one hit kills. They are more powerful in that regard then a tac cube.
Republic Veteran
# 2825 Dyson Space Set
04-05-2014, 12:07 PM
My worst experience in the game has been today when I got the full Dyson space set, all 7 items, all 4,250 Dyson marks worth.

So I ground this for God knows how long and when I got to Tier V in Dyson, the power was changed to a useless ground power instead of the space power I set my sights on from the beginning. Who even does ground play anymore? It was true in preorder, is true now.

But the worst kicker came today. So I saw the Dyson space set on some low-end ships and I thought wow.

I ground the Mirror Event for a full week hoping for a cool visual proc. I thought 6 space items - no visual proc. Ok, it's gotta be 7, so I got the last item the singularity core today and guess what.

THE DYSON SPACE SET LOOKS 99% IDENTICAL TO THE HARPIA MATERIAL ON THE C-STORE SCIENCE DESTROYER.

So, I've been flying with the visual proc already for over a week without even being aware of it!

That's the reward for 4,250 marks, something that looks 99.99% identical to the Harpia material? Is this some kind of a sick joke? And no, there's no way to customize it to make it look cooler. I tried.

I thought after so many years of grinding and thousands of ZEN points purchased I'd finally have a cool space set I could be proud of and have fun doing space doff missions in something that looks cool.

But it turns out, on top of taking away most of our rep powers, Cryptic likes adding insult to injury, so no cigar.

I have nothing to be happy about in this game anymore when the best space set in the game on the best space ship, the Science Destroyer (finally torpedo spread III and Gravity Well III on the same ship), looks like complete crap. That's so insulting. I even tried it on some other Romulan ship and it was a complete joke.

So, I'm never EVER playing this joke of a game again.

And I was a loyal lifetime subscriber since pre-order before this joke of a company bought this game and DELETED the old forums.

Last edited by noonelivesforevr; 04-05-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Career Officer
# 2826
04-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Just about every instance of the mirror invasion zerg rush ever. That is all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Career Officer
# 2827
04-05-2014, 08:17 PM
KAGE... 2 griefers from some Reddit fleet, forgot the exact name of the fleet. Forgot their names too. Screwing up with the room. Luckily, we still creamed the Borg with the optionals, but it was really annoying to have 2 people messing us up. Wish we could team-kill people like that. I know I would totally doooo it.

bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh.
Twitter - @JanDarkrider (RP & self-parody in character)
Captain
# 2828
04-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Mirror normal a couple hours ago. Guy in an Obelisk only half-paying attention (at one point he was just sitting there not even shooting, just letting his swarmers attack but he was well within firing range). Guy in an assault cruiser with dual beams who I swear didn't have a single weapon to cover his rear arc. Knucklehead in an Akira who spent more time dead than alive. I swear, the only two people who even halfway knew what they were doing were me and the Vesta jock, and even the Vesta spent a little too much time shooting and not enough closing rifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonelivesforevr View Post
*snip whiny BS*
*slow clap* Very impressive off-topic rant.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Lieutenant
# 2829
04-05-2014, 09:57 PM
Noobs that can't hack it in the ignore aggro lines method on IGE. Cmon noobs step up your game. Ige has been easy for 2 years. I can kill one group on any class myself easy why can't you other 4 noobs handle 2 workers on the other side?
Republic Veteran
# 2830
04-05-2014, 11:35 PM
Khitomer Elite ground. My entire team was AFK. I am not kidding. We basically stood at the entrance for 15 minutes. No one would respond to me in chat. Finally, they realized no one was doing the run so one by one they left.