Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasmdetector View Post
you did between 20k and 25k DPS.
Nicely calculated, you are right

R.R.W. NIGHTHAWK / R.R.W. CONDOR / R.R.W. NARADA
Ensign
# 3012
07-18-2014, 11:45 PM
I just had one that I think put the "Special" in Special Task Force tonight.

I was doing KASE in my Oddy along with a T'Varo, a Dyson, a Sovereign, and a Vanguard. After the tac cube was destroyed, I went to take the probes on the right side. The Dyson, Sovereign, and Vanguard followed me over and proceeded to work on the generators, leaving the T'Varo on his own on the left side. At this point of playing ESTFs, I realize that trying to advise a group on how to do these things was pointless because you're always in the wrong in their eyes. Anyways, I jumped over to the left to help the T'Varo. It was then that the other three spawned both right side cubes. The T'Varo was also dealing with a cube on his side. The Sovereign and the Vanguard then proceeded to the left side to tackle more generators while the Dyson stayed on the right and worked on a a transformer.

By this point, the only two people that were keeping an eye on probes were myself and the T'Varo. While we were dealing with probes and dodging three cubes, the probes started getting through. At this point I decided to be a jerk and fly around the cubes and even attempted to lure them to Three Stooges so they could have a headache. I continued to concentrate on the probes. The Three eventually got the hint and took out the cubes (by that point the fourth one was spawned). By that point, seven probes got through. The T'Varo and I continued to work on probes while the rest worked on the transformers and gates, which took forever. We managed to get through the first half.

Next came the Valdore! The Three Stooges apparently didn't understand the idea of staying 5k away from her, as she continuously cloaked and then fired her Thalaron Pulse. The T'Varo and I ran hit and run tactics on the Valdore. Between the hit and run and the cloak spam, I think it took 20 minutes just to get her down to 60%. The Three Stooges had enough damage amongst themselves to make this even more painfully long. Eventually, we finished and I had three new people to add to my ignore list.

Sometimes I wonder if Starfleet Academy has a short-shuttle that is piloted by a Pakled.
Commander
# 3013
07-19-2014, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ygirlprime View Post
I just had one that I think put the "Special" in Special Task Force tonight.

I was doing KASE in my Oddy along with a T'Varo, a Dyson, a Sovereign, and a Vanguard. After the tac cube was destroyed, I went to take the probes on the right side. The Dyson, Sovereign, and Vanguard followed me over and proceeded to work on the generators, leaving the T'Varo on his own on the left side. At this point of playing ESTFs, I realize that trying to advise a group on how to do these things was pointless because you're always in the wrong in their eyes. Anyways, I jumped over to the left to help the T'Varo. It was then that the other three spawned both right side cubes. The T'Varo was also dealing with a cube on his side. The Sovereign and the Vanguard then proceeded to the left side to tackle more generators while the Dyson stayed on the right and worked on a a transformer.

By this point, the only two people that were keeping an eye on probes were myself and the T'Varo. While we were dealing with probes and dodging three cubes, the probes started getting through. At this point I decided to be a jerk and fly around the cubes and even attempted to lure them to Three Stooges so they could have a headache. I continued to concentrate on the probes. The Three eventually got the hint and took out the cubes (by that point the fourth one was spawned). By that point, seven probes got through. The T'Varo and I continued to work on probes while the rest worked on the transformers and gates, which took forever. We managed to get through the first half.

Next came the Valdore! The Three Stooges apparently didn't understand the idea of staying 5k away from her, as she continuously cloaked and then fired her Thalaron Pulse. The T'Varo and I ran hit and run tactics on the Valdore. Between the hit and run and the cloak spam, I think it took 20 minutes just to get her down to 60%. The Three Stooges had enough damage amongst themselves to make this even more painfully long. Eventually, we finished and I had three new people to add to my ignore list.

Sometimes I wonder if Starfleet Academy has a short-shuttle that is piloted by a Pakled.
I've seen a match lasting 90mins (just on the Endboss) because those morons weren't aware of the 5km range and just ignored advises. Needless to say they were poor on DMG as well.
This is Crypticverse...
Career Officer
This has happened to me quite frequently.

It's the reason I don't play KASE anymore then is necessary to get the Optional.

I'm tired of telling other players to watch the distance and to hear a lot of backchat about how that rule doesn't count etc.
And I don't bother notifying them anymore, if they fail to destroy the Scimitar in time, I just leave.

What really amazes me is they're telling me this with a straight face as Donatra is cloaking all the time!
Commander
# 3015
07-20-2014, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Starfleet Academy in this game IS a short-shuttle piloted by a Pakled. No offense to Pakleds.

"Luckily", season 9.5 has "fixed" Donatra, and now she is like that carrier from Cure. Slaughtered, barely noticeable speedbump.
May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
Ensign
# 3016
07-20-2014, 04:30 PM
Worst WTF ever, its easy, anything since the patch, bunches of ******* in every Elite STF, last one had a guy with no less than 9 damaged systems and another who cant even kill a borg probe, best just to leave the STF's till the muppet crafter rush has ended
Captain
# 3017
07-20-2014, 06:26 PM
Quote:
The federation may have its share of ido.. well let's not call names.. its share of mentally lesser entities, but that goes for all sides.

Decided to do a breech elite this evening. Ended up with 4 Klingon vorcha variants who skipped out of the "heal your injuries 101"class. Next time i see someone ranting about Klingon Elitism i'll remember this match.

Luckily i had my trusted Intrepid which does CC and hazards like no other. With it i can actually solo Breech elite. When i want to solo it though i create a private match.

When i enter an Elite STF is it too much to ask that the participants at least know their basics?
Career Officer
# 3018
07-20-2014, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
Ended up with 4 Klingons who skipped out of the "heal your injuries 101"class.
Actually, I have wondered about this too.

I think the record I've seen is 15 injuries, half of them critical.
That ship popped like a ballon every shot from the enemy.

The only time it was excusable was with a new player who didn't know the mechanic existed, but when I explained it and gave them some regenerators, they picked up the concept fast.

Now, for the rest of the class skippers, how do they justify not healing up either during or after the mission?

The only thing I can think of is they're too tight with the virtual currency wallet to want to buy regenerators.
Captain
# 3019
07-21-2014, 02:21 AM
The problem is there are too many people with enough DPS to compensate for several persons doing squat. It's simply the new style of leeching.

Last edited by questerius; 07-21-2014 at 03:31 AM.
Career Officer
# 3020
07-21-2014, 05:01 AM
Okay – again, this recount is of a GOOD STF, but in the absence of a long-running threat pertaining to good instances…..

Had a real ‘oh yeah!’ moment in ISE yesterday and I’m sure the player in the Galaxy-X who accompanied me thought the same.

It was an otherwise routine run, until we got to the tac cube. I was in my Vesta, accompanied by the aforementioned Galaxy-X, one of the new Xinidi aquatic ships and a Scimitard (there was another player in a T’varo, but the first cube killed him and didn’t see him again afterward so presume he ragequit.

Anyway – short of it is, we got to the last Tac cube, and the Scimitard and the Xinidi ship players ate Borg plasma and died. Myself and the Galaxy-X took a bit of a beating too, but held our own and continued to press the attack. The other two players reappeared but the Scimitard wound up tractored (apparently didn’t have any counter for it) and exploded again, which weakened the too-close Xinidi ship’s shields – Xinidi ship then followed suite courtesy of another HY Borg Plasma torp.

Myself and the Gal-X decided we’d had enough of this by this point. The cube wasn’t entirely undamaged, so we pressed another attack. We both then swung around, I buffed everything that would benefit my Vesta’s Quantum focus phaser and let rip. The Gal-X, almost right beside me at this point, waited until I had sufficiently weakened the cube and then fired his lance. The cube’s health then down to 4%, the other two players re-joined us and we put an end to the cube with numerous torpedoes. Teamwork at its best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.