Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 311
05-08-2012, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01
Don't know about mouse-lag, but the lag experienced whenever someone farts out any type of gas cloud is terrible.
There is a setting in Troubleshooting section of graphics options that may help with this and mouse lag.

Mouse lag - software cursor option
Farts killing fps - disable GPU-accelerated particles and enable multi-core rendering
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 312
05-08-2012, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01
Don't know about mouse-lag, but the lag experienced whenever someone farts out any type of gas cloud is terrible.
Mouse lag is the only lag I've had in a long long time.

If you're having any other troubles with lag there's a number of posts which tell how to fix it. After I called the phone company and had a few things done to my internet lag problems dissapeared.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 313
05-08-2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake81499 View Post
No I didn't know that. Thank you. It may help. The biggest problems was the sudden mouse lag. If I can get out of town today I'll go get a wired gaming mouse. The temp here is still in the 30's and I have to ride the bike. It's 100 miles any direction to the nearest store that carries mice.
I doubt it's your mouse, I've managed to get through several mice in the last couple of years and the laggy cursor has afflicted all ofthem; I've used everything from a Microsoft X8 to a Razer Naga with several Logitech in between and they all have this same intermittent problem.
It's pretty easy to deal with though, either hit the ship icon to balance shields (it usually clears the laggy cursor) or if you're on the ground dragging a scroll bar like in chat or the options UI (I always use the scroll bar in the keybinds settings) will clear it too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 314
05-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
I doubt it's your mouse, I've managed to get through several mice in the last couple of years and the laggy cursor has afflicted all ofthem; I've used everything from a Microsoft X8 to a Razer Naga with several Logitech in between and they all have this same intermittent problem.
It's pretty easy to deal with though, either hit the ship icon to balance shields (it usually clears the laggy cursor) or if you're on the ground dragging a scroll bar like in chat or the options UI (I always use the scroll bar in the keybinds settings) will clear it too.
Yea, but I need an excuse to get out of town. LOL
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 315
05-08-2012, 08:41 AM
I didn't play KAGE for a longtime. So today Idecided to play one.
We deal everything. It was perfect. In the last room. Someone asked an interesting. "Does anyone knows how to use lower shield?" I thought. Ouch. They play so nice and they don't know how to do in the last room. Suddenly one player left. Anyway I said I go there. I started B3. 3 times. I saw theiir health. I stopped. And I asked what's wrong. They said there are 2. I said where is the third player. They told me he's overthere. We wait for him for 10 minutes. He didn't move, he didn't talk. Nothing. He did afk in the last room. Total failed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 316
05-09-2012, 02:12 AM
Well, today learnt that I shouldn't really go anywhere near Elite STF's in my Intrepid Retrofit.

Logged in first thing this morning, to play before I head off to work - a routine a rather enjoy. Unfortunately, in my 'just got out of bed' state I joined a queue for ISE (I don't usually participate in Elite STF's).

It soon became obvious to me that I was in an Elite rather than a Normal Infected. So, likely thanks to me, the optional failed as it became obvious that I couldn't crowd control the nanite spheres as I do the probes in IS normal and got but butt kicked several times as a result (and the respawn timer is such a delight in these circumstances )

Anyway - I didn't really see any point in bailing, even if I did suck, and continued popping GW to slow the spheres/probes, shield drains, popping my ablative armour on if I received too much unwanted Borg attention and healing the other team members. Mission passed and received two EDC's.

But never again! Not in my Intrepid retro anyway - it does pretty well in normals but my abismal performance in Elite suggests that I'd do better to use my Science Odyssey IF do an Elite again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 317
05-09-2012, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01
Well, today learnt that I shouldn't really go anywhere near Elite STF's in my Intrepid Retrofit.

Logged in first thing this morning, to play before I head off to work - a routine a rather enjoy. Unfortunately, in my 'just got out of bed' state I joined a queue for ISE (I don't usually participate in Elite STF's).

It soon became obvious to me that I was in an Elite rather than a Normal Infected. So, likely thanks to me, the optional failed as it became obvious that I couldn't crowd control the nanite spheres as I do the probes in IS normal and got but butt kicked several times as a result (and the respawn timer is such a delight in these circumstances )

Anyway - I didn't really see any point in bailing, even if I did suck, and continued popping GW to slow the spheres/probes, shield drains, popping my ablative armour on if I received too much unwanted Borg attention and healing the other team members. Mission passed and received two EDC's.

But never again! Not in my Intrepid retro anyway - it does pretty well in normals but my abismal performance in Elite suggests that I'd do better to use my Science Odyssey IF do an Elite again.
No offense, but the intrepid refit can be a monster as a torp boat. But even if not, flying it in ISE is easy as pie. Just don't expect to kill all the spheres on your own. It's Elite for a reason. Your job is to slow them down until the others blow the transformer. Then heal and help dispatching them. And when the Tac cube comes, your job is to troll it so the DPS ships can finish it off without dying. As simple as that. And no, the LRSV refit does not suck in elites. I got my first prototype salvage in that craft.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 318
05-09-2012, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post
No offense, but the intrepid refit can be a monster as a torp boat. But even if not, flying it in ISE is easy as pie. Just don't expect to kill all the spheres on your own. It's Elite for a reason. Your job is to slow them down until the others blow the transformer. Then heal and help dispatching them. And when the Tac cube comes, your job is to troll it so the DPS ships can finish it off without dying. As simple as that. And no, the LRSV refit does not suck in elites. I got my first prototype salvage in that craft.
Well, mine IS more a torpedo boat than much else - three forward, one aft - all photon torpedo launchers so have a more rapid firing rate and a purple detionation chambe console for a little extra punch. Also have Omega shields, Omega engine, Borg Deflector and console, so can usually withstand a fair pounding.

Nothing wrong with the ship set up, I took pointers from Cygone. Classic case of the player being the weak link.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 319
05-09-2012, 04:13 AM
I guess me and @carmenera have been really lucky,ive played 210 stfs,normal and elite,some with 1 to 3 fleet mates,and to be honest a lot by myself,and i have not had one really abysmal STF,ive had one player be terribad,but nothing the rest of us couldn't compensate for,hell me and carmenera went into an ISE and a guy in a Vo'Quv thought him and his fighters could take one side by himself,i was in my MVAE,so i tried popping GW1 and keeping the probes off of his side,but gave up and joined the others in left side clean up while numb n*** kept trying and failing to tank,did i mention it was a rainbow carrier? it was funny but again it wasn't as bad as it could have been
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 320
05-09-2012, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InputEnd View Post
I guess me and @carmenera have been really lucky,ive played 210 stfs,normal and elite,some with 1 to 3 fleet mates,and to be honest a lot by myself,and i have not had one really abysmal STF.
Maybe you're lucky. I played more than 300 STF. So actually I realized The Infected Space normal is playing by a lot of instant admiral (sorry for my words). I prefer to play The Infected Space elire eventhough I wouldn't get optionnals more than normal space infected. It's a mess!! They don't talk in the chat. They do what they want to do. They have not enough dps but they really don't care.
I played more than 300 STF as Federation player. I'm about 15 STF as klingon player. When the infected space is failed. I can say "thanks to" tactical federation player. All of my failed STF is fault of Tactical federation player. Now when I see a tactical federation player is flying like a s**t fly. I guess the STF would fail. Now when I see a tactical federation player is fighting with martial arts in ground STF. I guess it would fail.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:17 AM.