Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 440
# 571
06-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Very first time I did Cure normal, we lost the optional almost immediately as well.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 499
# 572
06-25-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
Definitely just had THE worst STF EVER.

God knows how - but the PuG I was with a few minutes ago failed CSE in, literally, 59 seconds. Admittedly, was probably partly my fault as I got smacked early trying to tackle two swarms of BOP's and wound up in respawn oblivion, but seriously - I respawned to a near-dead Kang and a sad, desperate and completely futile attempt to rescue whatever mess had occurred as a result of my uselessness and whatever the hell everyone else did that caused THE worst STF ever. Never have the words EPIC FAIL been more apt.

59 seconds..... is that a new record?
Not even close....believe me.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,451
# 573
06-26-2012, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm1958 View Post
i just posted concerning this. i'm serious....i was on one where we may have lost in less than 25 seconds. right at the start borg were swarming the kang......and of course no one noticed i was being over ran. typical.
To be honest, this is pretty difficult to believe. Not saying it's impossible - but a few problems spring to mind.

Firstly: The only ships that appear that early into the mission are the Borg BOP's

Secondly: It takes at least 10 (?) seconds for the initial BOP's to get within weapons range of the Kang. Assuming that no-one intercepted them en-route, the worst case senario is that, within that time frame, the Kang would have four BOP's attacking it.

Now, if you were protecting the Kang that's at least one BOP occupied - but that makes this senario worse. Because factoring in the time it takes for the BOP's to get within firing range, and the fact that you were fighting one, the end result is that the Kang was taken out by three BOP's in somewhere around 15 seconds. Not impossible as I've said, but either Captain Ja'rod killed and ate his shield repair officers, or Borg ships spammed the invisible torpedo of insta-doom.

I've seen STF's fail quickly, heck - my aforementioned 59 second one qualifies - but most of those were a by-product of ships (enemy and allies), exploding too close to the Kang, weakening it's shields thus allowing the BOP's to shoot directly at it's hull.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 214
# 574
06-26-2012, 03:47 AM
Every Elite Cure..... Get's one shotted .. people leaves .. tried about 25 times... Every time fail... not even close.

Cure Normal .... Sooooo easy... Elite... Impossible... I have given up.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,451
# 575
06-26-2012, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goltzhar View Post
Every Elite Cure..... Get's one shotted .. people leaves .. tried about 25 times... Every time fail... not even close.

Cure Normal .... Sooooo easy... Elite... Impossible... I have given up.
Depends on the PuG you find yourself in. Example from earlier today - played Infected Space Elite earlier - infected isn't really one that you can fail, but it CAN take one heck of a long time to do if you find yourself in a PuG with players who are clueless and/or have poor DPS.

However, played one before work this morning with a great PuG - we blitzed everything within somewhere around ten minutes, and even then someone commented, on the chat screen, that our DPS could have been a little better!


Cure Elite is a pain though, since it's wholly dependant on keeping the Kang in one piece; something that too many PuG's ignore.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 214
# 576
06-26-2012, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Depends on the PuG you find yourself in. Example from earlier today - played Infected Space Elite earlier - infected isn't really one that you can fail, but it CAN take one heck of a long time to do if you find yourself in a PuG with players who are clueless and/or have poor DPS.

However, played one before work this morning with a great PuG - we blitzed everything within somewhere around ten minutes, and even then someone commented, on the chat screen, that our DPS could have been a little better!


Cure Elite is a pain though, since it's wholly dependant on keeping the Kang in one piece; something that too many PuG's ignore.
Infected is no problem .. 8 out of 10 completed with Opional and rarly dies, and im in Advanced Escort, But cure? I know it supposed to be hard ....not impossible, do I have to join a fleet to be able to do it on elite? (no more PUGS)
There is so much in STO that almost require a fleet to be joyable. With the knowledge and experience about Elite STF:s it should be a requirement to be in a fleet to do Elite STF:s
Would make it so much easier for mee ... I'm not in a fleet.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,451
# 577
06-26-2012, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goltzhar View Post
Infected is no problem .. 8 out of 10 completed with Opional and rarly dies, and im in Advanced Escort, But cure? I know it supposed to be hard ....not impossible, do I have to join a fleet to be able to do it on elite? (no more PUGS)
There is so much in STO that almost require a fleet to be joyable. With the knowledge and experience about Elite STF:s it should be a requirement to be in a fleet to do Elite STF:s
Would make it so much easier for mee ... I'm not in a fleet.
Well, wouldn't go so far to say that Cure (Elite) is impossible, but it really does help to be with a PuG who know what they're doing.

I'd probably guess that 7/10 of the CSE's I play fail, and it's usually because of:
  • Rainbow boats with pathetic DPS (probably the biggest problem)
  • Wannabe heros who think that they can solo the Borg cubes
  • Ignorant fools with no idea, who pay no attention to the generator spheres and shoot at the cubes
  • Anyone who ignores the Kang - in fact, I've seen players who showed absolutely no sign of knowing that the Kang was even there
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,451
# 578
06-26-2012, 06:16 AM
And speaking of which....

Just come away from a failed CSE. A really annoying one nonetheless.

Spent the vast majority of my time killing BOP's whilst some bigmouth in an Odyssey (running pretty low DPS phasers) kept mouthing off with rubblish like "lol you escorts should be killing BOP's in five seconds" and "lol, you escorts have crap DPS". The only one with poor DPS was bigmouth himself; the escorts present (including myself) WERE generally taking the BOP's down in around ten seconds.

Sadly, despite his drivel, Captain Bigmouth was hopelessly ineffective and countless BOP's wound up shooting at the Kang. By the time the Raptors showed up there was no hope and we were treated to the red text of fail and Captain bigmouth ranting on about how crap the escorts all were.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 499
# 579
06-26-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm1958 View Post
i just posted concerning this. i'm serious....i was on one where we may have lost in less than 25 seconds. right at the start borg were swarming the kang......and of course no one noticed i was being over ran. typical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
To be honest, this is pretty difficult to believe. Not saying it's impossible - but a few problems spring to mind.

Firstly: The only ships that appear that early into the mission are the Borg BOP's

Secondly: It takes at least 10 (?) seconds for the initial BOP's to get within weapons range of the Kang. Assuming that no-one intercepted them en-route, the worst case senario is that, within that time frame, the Kang would have four BOP's attacking it.

Now, if you were protecting the Kang that's at least one BOP occupied - but that makes this senario worse. Because factoring in the time it takes for the BOP's to get within firing range, and the fact that you were fighting one, the end result is that the Kang was taken out by three BOP's in somewhere around 15 seconds. Not impossible as I've said, but either Captain Ja'rod killed and ate his shield repair officers, or Borg ships spammed the invisible torpedo of insta-doom.

I've seen STF's fail quickly, heck - my aforementioned 59 second one qualifies - but most of those were a by-product of ships (enemy and allies), exploding too close to the Kang, weakening it's shields thus allowing the BOP's to shoot directly at it's hull.
As i stated "may have lost in less than 25 seconds". I don't keep a stop watch handy. :smile: I seem to recall it seemed like 10 seconds. But anyway losing in under a minute is ridiculous.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,451
# 580
06-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm1958 View Post
As i stated "may have lost in less than 25 seconds". I don't keep a stop watch handy. :smile: I seem to recall it seemed like 10 seconds. But anyway losing in under a minute is ridiculous.
Yeah - agreed - and furthermore, my apologies; didn't mean for my previous post to sound as condescending as it did! Sorry about that! :redface:

Anyway - as I said, completely agree - it really does take an especially bad breed of player(s) to cause an STF to fail in under a minute!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:13 AM.