Lt. Commander
# 11
03-22-2012, 01:07 PM
It's unlikely anyone but the Dev's know what those errors mean...I certainly don't, but...

Another thing to try (this is assuming you're trying to log in with a Cryptic account):

Create a Perfect World account. Attempt to log in with it. If it lets you in then create a quick dummy character and start the game. Once the game loads go ahead and log out (do not quit to desktop). Try to use your Cryptic account info at the *in-game* log-in screen and see what happens.

Perhaps this will force whatever glitch has borked-up your launcher to right itself.

I hope that works for ya.

Good luck

PS: You can also try this with your tutorial level character.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by painkillerjayne
It's unlikely anyone but the Dev's know what those errors mean...I certainly don't, but...

Another thing to try (this is assuming you're trying to log in with a Cryptic account):

Create a Perfect World account. Attempt to log in with it. If it lets you in then create a quick dummy character and start the game. Once the game loads go ahead and log out (do not quit to desktop). Try to use your Cryptic account info at the *in-game* log-in screen and see what happens.

Perhaps this will force whatever glitch has borked-up your launcher to right itself.

I hope that works for ya.

Good luck

PS: You can also try this with your tutorial level character.
Already tried this and did not work
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-22-2012, 01:49 PM
So I did a little poking around, and those errors seemed to also be a problem with Champions Online (which uses the same game engine as STO). There were numerous threads on their forums dedicated to the issue, and in most cases it seemed to be related to corrupted .hogg files.

When you did your uninstall/reinstall did you check the folder STO was installed in to ensure *all* the game files were actually deleted? Specifically all the files with the .hogg extention? If not then try this:

Using Windows Explorer navigate to the folder where STO is installed and find & delete all of the .hogg files. After doing this open up your internet browser and delete all cookies and temporary internet files.

Right click the launcher and then click "Run As Administrator". Try to log in and allow it to patch again.

Bear in mind this will take a while as it has to re-download around 10-12 GB of data.

If none of that works (or you already double checked to be sure all the files were deleted after uninstalling) then I am truly at a loss. Why these .hogg corruptions creep in I do not know.

Good luck

PS: You may also want to try going the route of uninstalling, double checking all files are deleted, deleting cookies and temp files from your browser, then reinstalling just to be more thorough.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by painkillerjayne
So I did a little poking around, and those errors seemed to also be a problem with Champions Online (which uses the same game engine as STO). There were numerous threads on their forums dedicated to the issue, and in most cases it seemed to be related to corrupted .hogg files.

When you did your uninstall/reinstall did you check the folder STO was installed in to ensure *all* the game files were actually deleted? Specifically all the files with the .hogg extention? If not then try this:

Using Windows Explorer navigate to the folder where STO is installed and find & delete all of the .hogg files. After doing this open up your internet browser and delete all cookies and temporary internet files.

Right click the launcher and then click "Run As Administrator". Try to log in and allow it to patch again.

Bear in mind this will take a while as it has to re-download around 10-12 GB of data.

If none of that works (or you already double checked to be sure all the files were deleted after uninstalling) then I am truly at a loss. Why these .hogg corruptions creep in I do not know.

Good luck

PS: You may also want to try going the route of uninstalling, double checking all files are deleted, deleting cookies and temp files from your browser, then reinstalling just to be more thorough.

Okay a few things Scott,

1) sending in multiple multiple tickets about the same problem isn't going to get CS to respond faster. If you sent in tickets as many times as you've posted on here every few minutes then CS will just tag you as Spam and not reply at all.

2) creating two threads for the same topic by the same person, insulting other users because no one has responded is just going to get more people ****ed at you and not want to help you like Anazonda did earlier. You can also get slapped/temp banned by forum mods for that.

3) You've had a couple of people trying to help you (myself included) and in all the mutiple posts you've made not once did you mention if you even tried what I suggested.

painkiller and I both could be right or we both could be wrong. However what painkiller is suggesting is probably an effect from what I suggested might be the root cause of the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-22-2012, 08:05 PM
The guys are referring to this link.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=249567&page=4

The Fatal Decompression Error
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-22-2012, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaLlama2010
The guys are referring to this link.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=249567&page=4

The Fatal Decompression Error
I'm not getting that error though...
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
Okay a few things Scott,

1) sending in multiple multiple tickets about the same problem isn't going to get CS to respond faster. If you sent in tickets as many times as you've posted on here every few minutes then CS will just tag you as Spam and not reply at all.

I just send the error ticket that comes up when it happens

2) creating two threads for the same topic by the same person, insulting other users because no one has responded is just going to get more people ****ed at you and not want to help you like Anazonda did earlier. You can also get slapped/temp banned by forum mods for that.

I bet if had not been insulting NO ONE would have said a thing and I would still be wondering how to fix it instead of FINALLY getting answers

3) You've had a couple of people trying to help you (myself included) and in all the mutiple posts you've made not once did you mention if you even tried what I suggested.

I have tried what others have suggested via information found for SIMILAR problems( already tried with no results)

painkiller and I both could be right or we both could be wrong. However what painkiller is suggesting is probably an effect from what I suggested might be the root cause of the problem.
I am currently trying the first part of your suggestion which is deleteing all the .hogg files and re-patching.

I will then try completely removing all traces of the game and reinstalling if that does not work.