Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundiata
Agreed Roach. However even if faw is fixed I concede that it won't do away with some 5 man cruiser premades.

5 tanky Odds casting Extends on one another all while focusing on one target with Sensor analysis stacking up will absolutely murder pugs.
True, but thats the nature of a Premade over a PuG at the very definition of both types of play.
Premade, a Team of 5 vessels designed to compliment each otehr in combat
PuG, a team consisting of random players working together in combat.

The Faw Beamboat is a cookie cutter build that has become so commonplace that even Cruiser PuGs can easily fall into Premade under the right circumstances.

Hopefully, after a Faw miss fix comes into play, we will see a change. Faw Beamboats will still exist but loose, hopefully, some of that "spacebar spam" deadliness and ease of swarmball tactics.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Premade, a Team of 5 vessels designed to compliment each otehr in combat
PuG, a team consisting of random players working together in combat.
im told more and more ingame that a premade is a group of people who know each other....

which is it? what youre saying or what ive been told?
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716
im told more and more ingame that a premade is a group of people who know each other....

The clue is in the word. A premade is just a group of people who have formed a group before entering the zone. Pre Made.

Of course they may all fly ships that work well in combination or they may not. They may all know each other or they may not.

Lemons are yellow. Not everything that is yellow is a lemon.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716

It's usually a mix of both in that no matter how it came together, a 'Premade" is group of players that have worked out tacics between them beforehand; and when they PvP they ALWAYS PvP and queue up as a 5 man team; and have tactics they've worked out and practised and they deploy them as they cpome up agaisnt other teams and situations..
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
It's usually a mix of both in that no matter how it came together, a 'Premade" is group of players that have worked out tacics between them beforehand; and when they PvP they ALWAYS PvP and queue up as a 5 man team; and have tactics they've worked out and practised and they deploy them as they cpome up agaisnt other teams and situations..
thus there is no such thing as a premade?
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sativana

Lemons are yellow. Not everything that is yellow is a lemon.
That explains why squeezing yellow squash into my iced tea is not working.......:p
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-22-2012, 11:56 AM
I appricate the better posts and not the "Troll" like posts I was more expecting.

One thing I saw last night that baffled me was those 5 Cruisers draining all my shields with Tetryon Glider faster then I could heal them. I was probobly being focused which can explain why one facing would drain fast, but not all 4 sides. Which only points to Tetryon Glider. And me being in a science ship I would constantly look for the enemy Sci ship, but there wasn't one. I also didn't see the Red rings of Drain from a Tachyon Beam 3 that I might have figured the Odyssey was using. I even got Double crit from a Beam Overload for 13+k each shot.

So while I do congratulate the team work, I do feel this game has things out of balance in terms of Item abilities and ship strength and capibilities. Unfortunately I am not a numbers person, so I can't really provide hard stats to bring foward to Cryptic as proof of these things. But I can say for sure that something doesn't feel right, and until something can be proven I get the feeling it'll be like this for a good while longer.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-23-2012, 04:07 AM
I put insulators on my ship, since they fixed it against glider, and it works great.... ohh noes it doesnt work at all. Ohh well craptic craptic you didnt disappointed me.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-23-2012, 05:13 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
I appricate the better posts and not the "Troll" like posts I was more expecting.
Sorry, was feeling whimsical and silly.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-23-2012, 06:23 AM
Last night there was some nice private matches made up from a mix up of some of the more experienced players from OPvP, thanks to Zorena for organising

In one of the matches the 'rules' had not been settled upon when the match started so we had one team quite Tet Glider and the other team not , the difference was startling and it is an OP skill

Later I think most will agree that the non tet glider matches were more fun.

I agree the Sets with special bonuses and special ability items have borked the game and sit very uncomfortably with the original game design.

You just need to look at the exchange where majority of the high end stuff is no use to anyone, non set shields, non set deflectors, engines etc