Lt. Commander
# 1 Lack of creative infomation
03-22-2012, 02:53 AM
Ok, I want to complain about the fact that there has been next to nothing of info about the Map editor and what fixes we might expect to see and would like to ask.

Will we be seeing any sort of a reply to any of our questions? I posted a problem about wander and I know it had been mentioned b4, but I posted two weeks ago and never got any feedback?
Others also who had commented on the issue, have to my knowledge been waiting for a reply for over two months???

Now Iím not saying that you need to answer all the time and I believe the map editor on STO is one of the very best map editors I have used in a while, but this lack of information... I cant think of the right words. But we could use a little bit more feed back.

All I ever see is "this new ship is coming out next week" or "We have this new story" and what not but when are map creators going to see a new updates or patch updates?

However if this has been mentioned and I haven't seen it then I apologise.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Part of the problem here is that there are two separate teams: A. The STO team, who communicates on the forums and B. A mysterious and secretive Foundry team who rarely communicates. At this point, I don't believe that many people on the Foundry team read this forum, unless prompted to do so by a STO dev during some kind of back alley section 31 type of meeting.

There was a time when QA focused on the Foundry. That's when we got the most communication. It didn't come from section 31, but it came from QA. But, in recent months, the only time that QA immediately investigates something Foundry-related was mostly if it had something to do with the F2P transition.

Hopefully, things will be different during the next year. For about 8 months now, we have been told that someone on the STO team has been hired to work solely on the Foundry. DiAngelo told us that when he assumed Dstahl's job. I'm pretty sure that this was a lie or a mistatement, up until like 2 or 3 months ago. Still, we haven't heard from our new Foundry dev., if he or she really exists.

You won't get any disagreement here. it's frustrating. No amount of PR niceness from BranFlakes (as far as spotlights, contests, etc) can make up for what seems like a complete indifference to bugs, issues, and the overall "beta" state of the Foundry.

Personally, it's kind of hard to be optimistic about a smooth transition for season 6. We'll be lucky if they don't break every ugc mission in the game, due to some kind of incompatibility between old Foundry and new Foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Part of the problem here is that there are two separate teams: A. The STO team, who communicates on the forums and B. A mysterious and secretive Foundry team who rarely communicates. At this point, I don't believe that many people on the Foundry team read this forum, unless prompted to do so by a STO dev during some kind of back alley section 31 type of meeting.

There was a time when QA focused on the Foundry. That's when we got the most communication. It didn't come from section 31, but it came from QA. But, in recent months, the only time that QA immediately investigates something Foundry-related was mostly if it had something to do with the F2P transition.

Hopefully, things will be different during the next year. For about 8 months now, we have been told that someone on the STO team has been hired to work solely on the Foundry. DiAngelo told us that when he assumed Dstahl's job. I'm pretty sure that this was a lie or a mistatement, up until like 2 or 3 months ago. Still, we haven't heard from our new Foundry dev., if he or she really exists.

You won't get any disagreement here. it's frustrating. No amount of PR niceness from BranFlakes (as far as spotlights, contests, etc) can make up for what seems like a complete indifference to bugs, issues, and the overall "beta" state of the Foundry.

Personally, it's kind of hard to be optimistic about a smooth transition for season 6. We'll be lucky if they don't break every ugc mission in the game, due to some kind of incompatibility between old Foundry and new Foundry.
Well first off, Can I have your autograph :p I ow most of my current foundry know how to your great vids on youtube for witch I tell new Foundry creaters to go and watch on a regualer bases and 2nd thanks for takeing the time to answer Ive made a comment or two on what I would like to see or see get fixed in a few other forums. But its so dissapointing how this great map editor is (at the momment) being ignored for fixes.

Ive used alot of map editors for alot of diffrent games all have there pros and cons and I know there are some that the foundry could incorparte that would make it awsome, my only one pet hate at the moment in foundry is the map transitions even tho I know how to get it to work (again thanks to your vid) it still stumps me from time to time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzrealDragon View Post
Well first off, Can I have your autograph :p I ow most of my current foundry know how to your great vids on youtube for witch I tell new Foundry creaters to go and watch on a regualer bases and 2nd thanks for takeing the time to answer Ive made a comment or two on what I would like to see or see get fixed in a few other forums. But its so dissapointing how this great map editor is (at the momment) being ignored for fixes.

Ive used alot of map editors for alot of diffrent games all have there pros and cons and I know there are some that the foundry could incorparte that would make it awsome, my only one pet hate at the moment in foundry is the map transitions even tho I know how to get it to work (again thanks to your vid) it still stumps me from time to time.
Thanks for watching the vids. Please join us at starbase ugc. If you have any questions, we have a chat room full of authors who can answer your questions immediately. I learned all I know from those guys.

yes, the map transitions were the most frustrating part for me. I remember just begging and begging other folks in closed beta to explain it to me. And even then I was so confused about doors and stuff. It's kind of a rough learning curve, but please hang in there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Thanks for watching the vids. Please join us at starbase ugc. If you have any questions, we have a chat room full of authors who can answer your questions immediately. I learned all I know from those guys.

yes, the map transitions were the most frustrating part for me. I remember just begging and begging other folks in closed beta to explain it to me. And even then I was so confused about doors and stuff. It's kind of a rough learning curve, but please hang in there.
Thanks ive signed up to it.