Lt. Commander
I've noticed that there is no way to accurately control which of my bridge officers will appear on my bridge unless I discharge BOffs and only have enough to fill all the spots on the bridge.

I'd like the ability to tag/flag BOffs for bridge duty (so a BOff will only appear on the bridge if they have been "tagged".

I have 13 BOffs and the same 9 always appear on my bridge. I want to be able to select the 9 that appear (or whatever number of BOffs is used for the bridge set you're using.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2012, 03:20 AM
^^ This ^^

Also would it be possible ( not require much coding ) to allow us to designate where on bridge an individual boff would be? Or perhaps better to hard code positions on bridge layouts at least for the department heads selector tab that appears in the duty off function (which I love btw), so that my boff designated as XO is at the XO station; not standing at the helm (standing?!) or wandering back in CIC. My Odyssey has a generic redshirt in the XO chair.

I expect my medical dept head would be in sickbay, perhaps a redshirt could be at helm.

Could we have the crew npc's wandering the corridor match the uniforms we select for our boffs? All the item pieces are in game files. The constitution bridge set does it nicely with period uniforms. Later bridge sets I purchased were not up to that level of finish and detail.

I will say you guys did well on Galor bridge. It is outstanding. I dont mind that it is just the bridge proper. I was a bit concerned they'd stick the Axon bridge (bland thing that it is) in there. Likely Atari would have lol. Note; there is some clipping of feet if you sit in Capt Chair. And again it like other large bridges and ship layouts would really spruce up if the npcs wore the uniforms you design for your boffs.

Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Absolutely agreed. I'd really like the option to choose which boffs show up on my bridge, and where.

Right now I can't even figure out how the boff layout works, or how it decides which ones are placed on the bridge if you have more boffs than bridge slots. Sometimes the placement even seems to change for no reason I can discern.

At the very least, I'd like to see department heads and the XO tied to the appropriate stations. Plus it'd be nice to have the head of engineering be placed in the warp core room, and the head of medical in the sick bay.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Now that we have First Officer and Department Head selection in the DOFF UI, it'd be cool, for instance, if our designated First Officer appeared in the #1 chair on our bridge (instead of in back playing whack-a-mole on a LCARS).
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2012, 06:23 PM
we need this
Lt. Commander
# 6 Stupid
04-06-2012, 05:16 PM
it is stupid that the game is loading an non-descript random "science officer" on my bridge instead of the cool photonic science officer.. the officer is a default away team member my CMO and is used in a skills station... what else would i have to do to say i want this guy on the bridge and not some random bolian from somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-07-2012, 11:54 PM
While I'm not opposed to this idea, you can sort of control what bridge officer's appear, if you take note of the bridge you're currently using.

Each bridge appears to support a set number of bridge officers, with a space reserved for each profession. That is, there will be X spots reserved for Tactical, Engineering and Science officers. Additionally, those BOFF's you've assigned to specific stations on your ship appear to take priority over those that are not.

If you only have, say, 8 bridge officers, and use a larger bridge like the Diplomat (which supports 12 officers), you'll note that if you beam in, all your current bridge officer's will typically be there, as well as some random ones thrown in. Take note of the color of their uniforms. That indicates what spots are left "open" on that bridge.

So if you have 8 BOFF's, the Diplomat bridge (as an example), and see there's still a tactical, 2 engineering and one Science "placeholder" bridge officer, if you were to round out your BOFF's with those professions, they would assume those positions on that bridge.

That said, I still support more control over placement, since this all falls apart when using a bridge that supports fewer officers than your current roster, or your roster doesn't mesh with officer "layout". Also, it appears that, for now at least, the Photonic Officer is bugged and doesn't appear at all. That may be true with more of the "special" officers, but I don't know, since I don't have many of them (Breen/Android/etc.)

See here for number of BOFF slots on various Federation Bridges.