Lt. Commander
# 1 Peak Health and Hit Points
03-18-2012, 03:02 AM
I have a few questions about hit points, specifically ground hit points.

1. How are maximum hit points actually computed? I know it's a function of level, largely, but is any equation actually known?

2. Are there any ways to increase your maximum hit points, aside from adding armor, leveling and the Peak Health trait?

3. How likely is the Peak Health trait to actually make a difference in ground combat, when everything else is taken into consideration?

This is in particular related to a tactical or science officer I may be putting together that I'd rather be at least somewhat tanky, though there may be a few traits that may fit the character better. Not sure if I'm going to be using him in PvP ground or not, but I definitely want him to do well with PvE. So better understanding of Peak Health and HP in general would help a lot.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2012, 07:47 PM
I usually put this on my characters and my BOFFs if I can, as that 10% can make the difference between being really hurt and being dead, and seems to have a more noticable impact than a lot of other perks do. Seems to add up to an extra hit before I go down, so gets my vote.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2012, 08:26 AM
I don't have an answer about question 1. At VA (50) lvl the difference with peak health is about 50 hit points.
If you consider that your resistance rating can be around 45% for most energy types then against those energy types your additional 50 hit points will appear more like 90 hit points.

If you have anything that can increase your resistance to 60% when you are taking heavy fire or if you can reduce the enemy's damage this 90 hit points could even be larger. So yes in a tanking scenario it can make a difference.

Peak health has a greater impact on characters that can increase their resistance such as Science running the Medic kit.