Lt. Commander
# 1 Terradome
03-22-2012, 06:13 PM
I have tried repeatedly on the mission known as Terradome, And I and my team have failed miserably. This mission is a complete waste of time for anyone that is not a Vice Admiral and not loaded to the brim with weaponry. The ship that players are too fight is to strong.

I'm flying an Assault Cruiser, loaded with Antiproton Beam Arrays with Quantum Torps. What do I need, Tricobalt?

If anyone from the Devs are reading this, please for the love of the Federation, tweak that ship so that it is no near impossible to defeat.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Gozer is gonna work on updating and fixing that STF soon when he has time atm his focus is on the current Borg STF's and other Content. It has not had any real changes since season 3.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2012, 05:43 AM
gods I hope Gozer leaves this STF alone. It is the last of the real STFs not that slap dash grind fest the borg STFs turned into.

Terradome is difficult, its supposed to be. but you don't need to be a VA with max gear to play it. You just have to have a team that knows how to play well together.

I with they would bring back the old borg STF's, they were at least fun to play.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2012, 07:01 AM
From my perspective, Terradome is just as bad a Zerg fest as the other STFs. Space portion is kinda ok but the ground section is just wave after wave of Undine for no apparent reason. It really needs a rebuild from the ground up...
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Actually the promenade bit is one of my favorite ground parts in teh entire game. While it has a tendendy to drag a bit while waiting for that last coin toss it is a successful large scale group puzzle and a nice defend the flag battle.

The underground bit gets a bit boring and is probably too long. That could be shortened and teh boss fight needs to be reworked completely. At the moment it's just a band aided broken boss mechanic.

But all in all it is a good mission.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by athenaX
gods I hope Gozer leaves this STF alone. It is the last of the real STFs not that slap dash grind fest the borg STFs turned into.
This mission has suppose to be getting fixed since it was introduced. I wouldn't worry about it being changed anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen666 View Post
From my perspective, Terradome is just as bad a Zerg fest as the other STFs. Space portion is kinda ok but the ground section is just wave after wave of Undine for no apparent reason. It really needs a rebuild from the ground up...
That's because the designer feels mob spam is the only way to make things difficult.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-24-2012, 09:14 PM
retried it the other day and got a bit further...but honestly...how many waves of undine ships are about to spawn?

i got fed up when the second showed up, all battleships

we tried for like 2h then we all quit frustated...i donīt mind a challenge, but this is nuts...i can only fire 1 or 2 salvos and then boom because the BS are just too much to handle...

we have been only 3 Players, but i doubt that 2 more wouldīve made a difference...
most people refused to do this, quote: "****** mission" and waste their time...

i see their point now...i guess 2-3 h more pounding and dying and we wouldīve done it somehow

and who is Gozer and why is he/she working alone
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUL_EVEK
That's because the designer feels mob spam is the only way to make things difficult.
Well, that, or things with way-too-high DPS and hull, like Donatra's Ship, the Gates, or the Infected Tac Cube.