Lt. Commander
# 21
03-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Not sure if this has been suggested or not, but could the Omega/MACO Armours from the STFs be tweaked so they pull double duty as EV suits?

They look much cooler than the regular EV suits.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquitaine985 View Post
This soumds great! I dont care if extra suits cost dilithium, their giving us a free one. I dont care if its a bit dull, because thats why i tour the galaxy and read a book, i dont care if they bring in C-Store extras, coz thats what dilithium is for.

But please, PLEASE make it easier for me to refine dilith. Right now i hsve about 200k's worth to refine and i know other players with way way more! So PLEASE give us an item we could put on oiur ship that we can thrn go to and refine more, i'd even PAY dilithium for it lol!
But you should only pay for that Item with unrefined Dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Why am I not surprised? There had better not be special advantages or utilities to these "special" EV suits, and so help me if C-Store versions start coming down the pipe..
Welcome to F2p! No, really...

Seriously, hey it's something. They even created a backstory for the reasons for mining..kind of.

My only issue with these petty tasks is why..why..why? Would my Vice Admiral, be mining dilithium?

Well, one solution is i Roleplay that he is actually a photonic officer representing me, which is do-able.

Maybe my suit is modified to be the mobile emitter with more resources, for my photonic me?

Anyways, yeah, I fully DO expect c store EVA variants, armed with better shield/armor builds in them.

Why not? It makes sense as a F2p business opportunity.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-22-2012, 06:29 PM
When do we get the First Contact EV suits? I have my debit card right here!
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-22-2012, 06:35 PM
There were some seriously cool looking suits from the different years of trek, but i'm still hoping that

A) they make a clear face plate option (both for EVA'S AND for STF's) optional of course

B) It was a great idea some one posted about using the STF armor as EVA'S since they have the look any way

C) if they DO go the +1 route it would be nice if they made it less money. 80k in dilithium seems a bit much for how little we get to use these just yet.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavek View Post
Hahahahahahaha... oh wow...

Yeah, the 400-500 dilithium ore every 20 hours is surely going to make me richer...

I'm sorry Cryptic, but as I said in the Feedback thread, in the current form the daily is simply not worth players' time. Surely it'll be fun to complete it once or twice, but for something supposedly themed around grinding/mining dilithium, the rewards are laughable. Unless something has been changed from the Tribble build, I'd rather spend these 15min doing an elite STF. Not only will I get more dilithium from it, but also some other rewards as well.

Still, don't get me wrong - the mission and the idea alone are great. It's just that for something doable only once per 20h in an MMO with a lot of grinding, this definitely isn't what I'd spend my time on. It seems to be the same problem as with Featured Series 4 - great ideas, great visuals, but really really poor realisation in terms of gameplay/replayability.
Thank you for saying what needed to be said another pointless and shallow attempt at trying to bring forth something that could bring forth an element to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-22-2012, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch99 View Post

My only issue with these petty tasks is why..why..why? Would my Vice Admiral, be mining dilithium?

Well, one solution is i Roleplay that he is actually a photonic officer representing me, which is do-able.

Maybe my suit is modified to be the mobile emitter with more resources, for my photonic me?
Hmm... Your explanation is not very convincing. But it is a better way to see things instead of: Vice Admiral <insert toon name here> is mining Dilithium for that ferengi.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post
Raise the limit or this game is worthless ......
If they raise the refining limit it makes the dilith rewards worth less by reducing rarity, and creates an excess of refined ore which diminishes the exchange rate, making C-store points worth more. Thus promoting fewer people to mine their own and more P2W. I would love to get 500 dilith for 1 C-point again.
Lt. Commander
# 29 I can't find it
03-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Where exactly is the MINES. I go to the area they said but i don't see anything nothing near ds9 and bajor....where is that feragi
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-22-2012, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osirisgod186
Where exactly is the MINES. I go to the area they said but i don't see anything nothing near ds9 and bajor....where is that feragi
It hasn't gone live yet.

This sounds interesting. Between this and the interior functionality going live tomorrow, I'm pretty happy.

There's one thing that bugs me: you neglected to mention exactly how much of our dilithium we would get to keep.