Lt. Commander
# 31
03-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch99 View Post
Welcome to F2p! No, really...

My only issue with these petty tasks is why..why..why? Would my Vice Admiral, be mining dilithium?
Let's help them create a bs story: with war efforts across the entire quadrant, severe resource strains are created. With players doing noob stuff in space STFs and fleet actions, blowing each other and themselves up, we need more dilithium production to replace the warp containment modules they lost. The Federation is therefore calling for volunteers, regardless of ranks, to put forth efforts into securing dilithium. Now this ferengi dude has legal rights to some, the federation is encouraged to secure this resource before the other factions.

Bonus: let's tax the players for dilithium income. Use a tiered tax system based on weekly income. Tax is applied against unrefined. It is the best way to tick people off.

Digress: If the sole purpose of dilithium is to prevent direct contact with charged particles, haven't we already developed particle traps using just normal electromagnetic fields?
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
There's one thing that bugs me: you neglected to mention exactly how much of our dilithium we would get to keep.
... you want to know?
... you really want to know?
Lt. Commander
# 33 TOS Spacesuit PLZ
03-22-2012, 07:23 PM
I would even pay C-store ponits for this baby.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Tried the mining mission out on Tribble and the asteriod hoping and mining mini-game is enjoyable. So, I'll chime in with the others who'v said this is a nice piece of new content; and I'm happy to see sopmething coome so soon after the end of the DS9 FE series.

It' also nice you're giving folks a free EVA suit for the first weekend. So yes, kudos to the STO team and please keep it coming.

My ONE nitpick is that you call the one asteroid floating in sector space a "field of Asteriods". Field usually implies more than one.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-22-2012, 07:47 PM
This totaly gets sand in the crack of my A@@. While you cannot please everyone, most of us like the new content, while on the other hand, 99% of you having valid points, you have the people that are just plain cranky and put the game done left and right. If you are unahppy instead of *****ing about it, send a suggestion to Cyrptic (as most of you have) and see if they can change it for us. I am talking about the few that do nothing but complain and do not have a fix for the problem they are having. As i always tell my employees, if you have a problem, tell me what it is and what you think is a good way to fix it. I am sure that my posting will open up a slu of people telling me off, but I am sick of all the negitive comments to a crew that is doing what they can to keep the game interesting. IF YOU CAN DO BETTER, PUT IN A APPLICATION AT CRIPTIC AND GO FOR IT AND GOOD LUCK
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-22-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
I made this forum post the other day regarding the "Unique Duty Officer Assignment" 800-Day Vet Reward:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
So, I have to wait over 2 years to get a bump in my refine limit? I am sitting 2 days ahead on refining as it is, the limit needs to be raised earlier than that, honestly this is a bit annoying.

How did I know you would invoke the 800 day reward in answer to that question?
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Anyways, yeah, I fully DO expect c store EVA variants, armed with better shield/armor builds in them.

Why not? It makes sense as a F2p business opportunity.
at the risk of asking a stupid question..... why exactly does anyone need shields or armor in an EVA suit while mining anything?

this whole thing is yet another pointless addition that nobody will bother with in a few weeks. borg sector invasions anyone?

its a waste of development time and resources for something that few people are going to bother with in the long run and that adds little, if anything, to the game.

Quote:
Let's help them create a bs story
lets not. thats why they have writers that we pay for

Quote:
Bonus: let's tax the players for dilithium income. Use a tiered tax system based on weekly income. Tax is applied against unrefined. It is the best way to tick people off.
don't give them ideas

Quote:
you have the people that are just plain cranky and put the game done left and right. If you are unahppy instead of *****ing about it, send a suggestion to Cyrptic (as most of you have) and see if they can change it for us
lots of people have given lots of suggestions. cryptic doesn't care about them. no company does. thats why many developers are forbidden from reading fan fiction in some companies - because they can't use anything they see in it or risk getting in trouble from the person that suggested it. and you can stop accusing people of being 'cranky' and '*****ing about things'

Quote:
As i always tell my employees, if you have a problem, tell me what it is and what you think is a good way to fix it
in the real world that rarely accomplishes anything, at least when these kinds of companies are involved

Quote:
. I am sure that my posting will open up a slu of people telling me off, but I am sick of all the negitive comments to a crew that is doing what they can to keep the game interesting
they'll get praise when they do something worthy of being praised, instead of lying to people and putting out half done, buggy crap and cstore garbage and calling it content

Quote:
IF YOU CAN DO BETTER, PUT IN A APPLICATION AT CRIPTIC AND GO FOR IT AND GOOD LUCK
circular logic. and many could do it better
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Although its a nice changes, a bit fun, cool etc. The yield is not really enough to get me excited Instead of a 24hr cooldown, can it please be 60min or 120min?
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Honestly, this is a sad joke. While I like the idea of wandering on an asteroid in zero g, the rewards are not worthwhile. And 350k for a recolored EV suit? Are you insane? You could at least use a brand new model and give it some passives to improve rewards from the minigame.
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-22-2012, 08:37 PM
New repeatable content with an in game event. Johny approves.

Cryptic, you earned a gold star for today. Carry on.