Lt. Commander
# 41
03-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Thanks for getting back to me on your ideas LOL. I happen to like what they did, nice job guys, can't wait to see the Galaxy pack you have coming out.
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWard1701 View Post
Aye, shame it doesn't look like this though :p
I would pay ALL of my dilithium for that.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Known Issues:

Itís not currently possible to complete the Exit the Airlock objective in Boldly They Rode using the new EV Suits.
The EV suit picked up during the mission will still work for this phase.
The new EV suits will still provide protection from Outer Space.
Occasionally, one of the Klingon mining sites fails to grant completion after being mined.

By occasionally, they mean the 3rd node you hit doesn't count. KDF Ends at 4/5 complete EVERY TIME. Have yet to complete this on KDF Side while testing on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-22-2012, 09:47 PM
I was a bit disappointed to find that we don't have an option for a starfleet issue EV suit.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
I was a bit disappointed to find that we don't have an option for a starfleet issue EV suit.
Well being that they all look like something starfleet would make you shouldn't be disappointed
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLimited View Post
Honestly, this is a sad joke. While I like the idea of wandering on an asteroid in zero g, the rewards are not worthwhile. And 350k for a recolored EV suit? Are you insane? You could at least use a brand new model and give it some passives to improve rewards from the minigame.
The Different Flavor Suits are just there for aesthetics/being a DIL sink, although I could see passives being tacked on too, like a slight increase to movement speed, etc

You could always buy up some TW coils and resell them as well, if you want EC instead of flat out converting via the DIL exchange (which is still creeeeping back up)

I just got done playing a round on Tribble, It's not bad..One Step Closer to Space Parties!
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
That really is a shame. . .
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-22-2012, 11:50 PM
Seems to me that just because the Mining Daily is coming that there is no reason to assume that it's the only mission approach STO will offer that needs EV suits. It also doesn't prevent Starfleet EV suits being issued later for ground/space missions that our entire Away Team might participate in. Not only our Captain.

All the EV suits are equipped in the Armor slot. Correct me if I'm wrong but can we not repeat Boldly They Rode and give the EV suits to our BO's? Or buy the Ferengi EV suits for BO's?

Also, considering that these suits have a mirrored face-plate, is it not possible for the Admiralty to imagine the suited Miner as anyone else from their crew? It that sense, the Admiral isn't really doing the grunt work. But you - the player - get to enjoy the game feature anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Man i have been waiting for this to come out since the game started not exactly what u wanted but ill settle for it for the time being.

This is another reason i am coming back to sto and leaving tor
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-23-2012, 12:27 AM
What do all those various EV suits do? I mean ... 80.000 Diliffium is quite a lot and not to speak of 300.000 and more for two other suits! Wow.