Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
03-23-2012, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marika.shran View Post
What do all those various EV suits do? I mean ... 80.000 Diliffium is quite a lot and not to speak of 300.000 and more for two other suits! Wow.
It's cosmetic.

80000 Dil ~= 320 C points

A uniform is unlock is 440 C points, so these numbers seem about right.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
03-23-2012, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
That really is a shame. . .
Coming soon to a C-Store near you, I'm sure.

With ENT/TOS/TMP/ST6/TNG/VOY variations for a premium price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgatag
It's cosmetic.

80000 Dil ~= 320 C points

A uniform is unlock is 440 C points, so these numbers seem about right.
A C-Store uniform unlock is account-wide.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53 Make an alt
03-23-2012, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Tauri View Post
So, I have to wait over 2 years to get a bump in my refine limit? I am sitting 2 days ahead on refining as it is, the limit needs to be raised earlier than that, honestly this is a bit annoying.

How did I know you would invoke the 800 day reward in answer to that question?
I have so many alts I never run into the refine limit at all. And it adds another 8k to the total you can refine every single day. And it's not like levelling an alt is a huge chore. You can even do those dil. dailies to level up your toon once you've gotten a few levels.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave a cstore pay to increase the refine limit at some point.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
03-23-2012, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
Coming soon to a C-Store near you, I'm sure.

With ENT/TOS/TMP/ST6/TNG/VOY variations for a premium price.

A C-Store uniform unlock is account-wide.
If we are lucky, any Starfleet-style EV suit really could be appearance only costumes. Without stats of any kind. Which would make it simpler to sell as account-wide as other costume sets. For our Captains, as well as our BO's. That would require one EV suit with stats in the Armor slot. And one customized Starfleet EV costume in a Uniform slot. As long as the Airlocks in the game continue to note de-activated EV suits (as the Dilthium Mine Daily will do), there shouldn't be any accidents for forgetting to equip the Armor slotted suit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
03-23-2012, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkar View Post
I have so many alts I never run into the refine limit at all. And it adds another 8k to the total you can refine every single day. And it's not like levelling an alt is a huge chore. You can even do those dil. dailies to level up your toon once you've gotten a few levels.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave a cstore pay to increase the refine limit at some point.
I certainly hope they do, it'd be worth the extra grinding. Then again, that being said, i stopped trying to get any amount of c-points or dilithium, so i'm the last person to have to complain (not that i don't want c-points, it's simply a matter of willpower as it tends to be with me D: )

Edit: And as for the multi-character refining thing, i jump back to the all-powerful WILLPOWER issue (besides, what if you need dilithium, NOT c-points?)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
03-23-2012, 05:58 AM
So, those two high-end suits would cost around 1'200 CP each ... why would anyone pay that much diliffium (CP) for a simple EVA suit?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
03-23-2012, 06:36 AM
It was neat the first time I did it but once the gloss wears off there's not much reason to do it anymore since the amount of Dilithium you normal get is so low. I was scoring 775 on each vein and getting 80...with the event that only goes up to what? 120? I can go do the Breen prisoner daily mission and all I have to do is spam F for 30 seconds right next to another mission area that I'd be doing anyways and I get 480 Dilithium.

Maybe if as part of her taking such a high amount she automatically refined any Dilithium we get? What about embedding Rare/Prototype Alien Artifacts in these asteroids?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
03-23-2012, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBaldy
this actually sounds pretty cool...something nice and relaxing if I need a break from ganking Borg Thumbs up
amen to that and imagine some waltz music like "Blue Danube" or whole OST from "Space Odyssey"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
03-23-2012, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
*snip about 800 day reward*
My problem Brandon, is I've been paying for this game for over 500 days, over 16 months, and I continue to do so. I think by this point I should have already earned the ability to refine extra lithium, or get my VA Token at VA and LG. Vet rewards are nice little bonuses for extended support of the game and company, but these rewards should not be things that should be givens for being gold members. Time released Vet rewards should not be a method for making up for very little difference between gold and silver players in a Hybrid Model MMO (Hybrid being Dan's own words) They should be a method of rewarding long time dedication, and support.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
03-23-2012, 07:10 AM
sOUNDS LIKE FUN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Time released Vet rewards should not be a method for making up for very little difference between gold and silver players in a Hybrid Model MMO (Hybrid being Dan's own words) They should be a method of rewarding long time dedication, and support.
And I agree.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:57 PM.