Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-23-2012, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putnam
oh my. not another fed carrier thread. how many times does cryptic have to say no before we stop pushing it.
The Vesta Shuttle Carrier...?
The Caitian Carrier...?

It's no longer a no... it's a fight over what it will be, and or how many there will be.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-23-2012, 04:41 AM
I thought it had already been stated that CBS does not wish Star Fleet to have a Star Fleet specific carrier and that is the reason why the Devs are using a carrier from a member race like the Caitain idea instead to get the vessel into the game without stepping on the toes of CBS.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-23-2012, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
Or ya know.... KDF could keep originality.
There is no doubt that the KDF needs more ships. There is no doubt that the KDF needs to have the holes filled in during the main storyline. There is no doubt that the KDF needs something akin to Patrol missions spread out across the sectors to facilitate leveling in a manner similar to the Feds without having to return to Omega Leonis or Pi Canis.

Originality though...? Er...huh?
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-23-2012, 05:49 AM
Quick reaction summery

image #1

OH DEAR GOD NO!

everything else

...yea...i could live with that

i love the idea of a carrier but a carrier with the classic nacelle and pylon system when considered against every other carrier in the game seems not only out of place but quite possibly against basic canon regarding carrier design.
Carriers are boxy slow moving mobile command units designed to protect the smaller ships in transit and offer a place to rearm and resupply on the go while the mothership deals with any attacks with her massive shields and point defence weaponry.

For known reference on star fleet design policy regarding carriers look at the U.S.S.Typhon a ship we (sadly) may never see in the game due to copyright control from Acclaim but still fits in well against the shape and style of known carriers used by the KDF

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...4thcentury.jpg

Im not saying all carriers should be this shape but i have doubts that any ship brought into the game is going to break away from known working designs employed by numerous species that fits so well with the ships designated use and purpose.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-23-2012, 01:50 PM
this post is not my work but the work of some one else i take no credit for it was just posting it for peoples ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-23-2012, 02:52 PM
LOOK ITS A PROMETHOUS LOOK LOOK. NO NOT REALY its a constlation
http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=je1DKc.blMk

NOW HERE IS THE REAL ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for those that are ignorant of starship designs ........http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...opside.jpg/the only way SHAPE and FORUM that the ship in issue is like a PROMETHOUS is that its star fleet and it has 4 NACELLS. the Nacelles are far closer than the promethous. this ship is clearly dagger shaped. the designer has offered to remove two naucells of the four nacelles. and call it and assult cruiser.

and for those that have never touched a 3DS modeling program like milkshape or 3D studio MAX or LIGHTWAVE its a heck of a lot harder to put together those ships than it looks. not to mention the MAT files ,the CMP files HITBOX files and ECT..... how ever THIS http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...e12521098.jpg/ is unaccpectable and this was a screen shot taken directly from game on the existing carrier and when someone offers to remake the carrier ( for free) so that it is not so ugly you spit in his eye and lecuture about how it looks similar to another model when there are already 2 or 3 variants of the existing model.