# 21
03-24-2012, 12:15 AM
The bigger question is "Have you stopped cheating?"
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-24-2012, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
back in the day i used science team to clear jam sensor and was threatened with being reported for being a hacker.
Even backer in the days, I used Jam Sensors* and someone asked me how I could cloak as a Fed!

*To be fair, both of us were rather new to PvP, and it was probably the very same match someone used Jam Sensors on me and I learned that it would hide the enemy from my view.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-31-2012, 07:01 PM
Hey guys, I need your help. Even my friends think I use exploits now. Whatever I say they don't believe me. .

I am a tac in the defiant-R, and I use the Borg 3-piece with the maco Mk XII shield. I use EPtS 1 & 2, HE 1, and TSS 2, sometimes with an aux battery. I try to explain this, but they still don't believe me. What can I do? The only thing that I can think of is stop utilizing this combo, and make myself easier to kill? please help.

I don't care about what people think, but when my friends that I have known for years say that I cheat, it makes me wonder if i am, but I just don't know it?
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-31-2012, 07:14 PM
Those are not your friends. Make a new ones.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-31-2012, 07:15 PM
Well, the Borg 3 piece set is still pretty over powered (since the alleged nerf only served to make it more useful) and 10% resistance on MACO is pretty hax. Not laying down and dying as expected isn't being very sporting of you. I had some friends a few years back (It's true! I had friends!) who seemed to get a kick out of calling me a cheater just to see how aggravated they could get me. Maybe they are just clowning with you.

Or maybe you should just get smarter friends.

Just saying...
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-31-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamRadio18
Hey guys, I need your help. Even my friends think I use exploits now. Whatever I say they don't believe me. .

I am a tac in the defiant-R, and I use the Borg 3-piece with the maco Mk XII shield. I use EPtS 1 & 2, HE 1, and TSS 2, sometimes with an aux battery. I try to explain this, but they still don't believe me. What can I do? The only thing that I can think of is stop utilizing this combo, and make myself easier to kill? please help.

I don't care about what people think, but when my friends that I have known for years say that I cheat, it makes me wonder if i am, but I just don't know it?
IvanTom and SteveHale are spot on
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-31-2012, 07:44 PM
I vote for Hale's last option. Get smarter friends.

I got some hate tells today about how my cruiser refused to lay down and die (lol and I don't even play that as a main lol) like their cruisers were.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-31-2012, 07:57 PM
Thanks guys, that help a little. Yeah, Anyway. I fly my tac as my main, and PvP all the time. My friends don't PvP much. I even got 2 Phaser Mk XI Accx3 DHC, a Mk XI Accx3 DBB, and all my turrets are Mk XI Accx2. My friend was in a BoP, and there was another BoP on me, and it took them like a minute to kill me, and my friend said that I was exploiting cause my shields weren't dropping. But I was just using the combo that I have stated above.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-31-2012, 08:46 PM
Here's the thing some people don't realise.

There is a huge difference between this:-

Uses emergency power to shields, perhaps two.
transfer shield strength
1 tact team
RSP
Covariant shield array

And this:-

Uses two emergency power to shields
RSP
Elusive trait (which adds +10 bonus defense)
Has 3x blue and purple shield Doffs
Aux bat and transfer shield strength 2
2x tact team
Maco shields (which has a +10% shield resistance and power link conduit which in turn boosts shield resistance AND recharge)
If engineer, made sure to spec into all engineer specific skills.
Make sure power settings are set for optimum (I have my shields at 55 (73), and weapons at 95 (125))
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-01-2012, 01:36 PM
I have seen a few people in Ker'rat with some pretty mean builds. Are they cheating? Frankly, I have no idea. I would never accuse them of that unless I had some real evidence of it. The kind of people who get defeated and conclude that it was not because he was inferior but rather because the other player had some unfair advantage are the kinds of people who I do not much care for. It is called the Dunning-Kruger effect. The least skilled people are the ones most likely to over-estimate their own abilities.