Lt. Commander
# 21
03-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
What they said was that basicly your Ship and your character are ONE. Asin, you cant be on the bridge of your ship and visible in sector space as your Ship only. At least thats how far my understanding of it goes. .
We are not talking about having the ship be represented in space. That is a non-issue here. The Devs always seem to get latched on that too, and ignore what we actually are talking about.

All we need is some numbers counting down in the background. Use the transwarp Code but reverse it, instead of a cooldown after use, it has a countdown before activation.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Space Travel and Space Combat from your bridge can be done, the problem is either Cryptic doesn't have the programmer skills in order to do it or they simply don't want to do it. Stahl stated number of times that they don't wish to mimic any other title which they would be doing, he claims that he wants to bring a new experience but from where iam standing they are have ignored many great features in other titles which would bring a new dynamic to the game and they refuse to do so.

Titles that should be looked at in bring forth far more depth to the game; Star Trek Bridge Commander, Starfleet Command III and Elite Force I and II which all had great elements that are being ignored.

I guarantee that if i had the ability to mod this title, i would have this element in the game and many more under a 6month period.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Since we now have shipboard assignments now it would be nice to be able to do that while moving.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidrain View Post

I guarantee that if i had the ability to mod this title, i would have this element in the game and many more under a 6month period.
I have to agree that WoW style mods would be nice in game as well as a slightly better chat and emote system as well as perhaps a macro input system but with PW and CRYPTIC wanting to keep very tight reigns on the game until they have it the way they want it we will never have the option to mod for fear of game breaking changes or advantages that break class and skill balance and game stable.

and lets not forget the possibly of bots and gliders...*shudders*

give the Dev team time and let them finish what they started and they will eventually lay up on the reigns enough to let us play a little more with there tools, after all look at the foundry WoW sure as heck didn't give us THAT sort of freedom with the dev tools now did it?
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I can see issues with it still, primary social.
STO has always been one of the more antisocial mmo's I have ever played. Outside of zone chat, the vast majority does everything solo. This was their biggest design mistake imo. I know many people who came and went because they didn't like the idea of playing a mmo all by themselves.

I would have rather seen all episodes require a group environment from launch to be honest. Even if they decided to allow soloing in episode missions, they could have limited the rewards to exp only.

I rather fancy the idea of doing all my travel from inside of my ship. I would love to see all of sector space removed and opt of system space. However, I am not going to fool myself into thinking anything of the sort will ever be a part of STO. The most we can hope for is a merger of all sector zones into one giant grid. At least that way, it would feel like a bigger game. A more expansive and exploratory game. Even if it is all just an illusion.