Lt. Commander
Recently, a certain Dev repeatedly stated that the Excelsior class was not a popular ship(as part of an argument that the Ambassador was a low priority). However, Al Rivera disagrees. In an interview with Priority One, he said of the Excelsior:

"I think its probably our best selling ship in the game" -start at 28:00 to get full reference to Excel

http://thequantumcafe.com/priorityon...d-thingspart-2

To be fair, the statement above has 2 qualifiers: "I think" and "probably". But whether it is actually the absolute best selling or not, it is obviously very popular for him to even think that. The certain Dev in question who denied what Al just said made it clear that he did not personally like the Ambassador design, which is completely fine. But please do not mislead the community by making false statements to support your position.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2012, 08:04 AM
Resourceful as ever, well done. Your archives must be HUGE.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Going by cash money spent, though, I bet the Bug Ship and the Galor were bigger "profit" than the Excelsior.

Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
But please do not try to mislead the community claiming something is not popular when it actually is to try to support your position.
A simple poll will show that it is indeed a popular ship.. but no, polls are band because the DEVs what to put their heads in the sand.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
A simple poll will show that it is indeed a popular ship.. but no, polls are band because the DEVs what to put their heads in the sand.
The ship got put on the "to do list" way back when because it won a poll! hahahahahahahah
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2012, 08:09 AM
In all honesty...shouldn't there be little to no bias for their positions? It's somewhat unsettling that STO's starships are chosen because X thinks this is 'cool' or Y 'thinks it's silly' ...it just really grinds my gears and makes me want to punch a tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Recently, a certain Dev repeatedly stated that the Excelsior class was not a popular ship(as part of an argument that the Ambassador was a low priority). However, Al Rivera disagrees. In an interview with Priority One, he said of the Excelsior:

"I think its probably our best selling ship in the game" -start at 28:00 to get full reference to Excel

To be fair, the statement above has 2 qualifiers: "I think" and "probably". But whether it is actually the absolute best selling or not, it is obviously very popular for him to even think that. The certain Dev in question who denied what Al just said made it clear that he did not personally like the Ambassador design, which is fine. But please do not try to mislead the community claiming something is not popular when it actually is to try to support your position.
New thread on the same subject because you want to prolong the argument, or are you just attention seeking?
Should've posted in the thread you mentioned, not started another.
Lt. Commander
# 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
In all honesty...shouldn't there be little to no bias for their positions? It's somewhat unsettling that STO's starships are chosen because X thinks this is 'cool' or Y 'thinks it's silly' ...it just really grinds my gears and makes me want to punch a tribble.
You would think that the priority of the ships they made would be determined by customer desire, not the personal tastes of the Dev, but go figure.
Lt. Commander
# 9
Quote:

To be fair, the statement above has 2 qualifiers: "I think" and "probably". But whether it is actually the absolute best selling or not, it is obviously very popular for him to even think that. The certain Dev in question who denied what Al just said made it clear that he did not personally like the Ambassador design, which is fine. But please do not try to mislead the community claiming something is not popular when it actually is to try to support your position.
Bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
The ship got put on the "to do list" way back when because it won a poll! hahahahahahahah
The worst part about it is the dev's alwys come up with a better joke by accident than I can come up with
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-23-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by utio
New thread on the same subject because you want to prolong the argument, or are you just attention seeking?
Should've posted in the thread you mentioned, not started another.
This thread is not actually about the Ambassador, but rather a request not to be mislead when trying to push any certain agenda.