Lt. Commander
# 11
03-23-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
You would think that the priority of the ships they made would be determined by customer desire, not the personal tastes of the Dev, but go figure. BTW, does anyone have a link to the old poll that showed the Ambassador as the most popular?
EDIT:

Here's the link: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=starship+poll
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-23-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
If someone doesn;t beat me to it I'll hunt it down later...darn Statistics homework is my priority atm :/

But yeah I miss those free CP polls for our say in future content, etc...
I actually found the poll, and I was mistaken about the popularity of the Ambassador. However it was voted as more popular than the Oberth, which is now in game. Again though, this thread is really just a request not to be mislead, not actually about the Ambassador per say.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by utio
New thread on the same subject because you want to prolong the argument, or are you just attention seeking?
Should've posted in the thread you mentioned, not started another.
This part is off-topic from the topic of the thread that prompted the Nagus' search. So going by the somewhat arcane and confusing forum guidelines, I think a case can be made for both staying in that thread AND starting a new one.
Lt. Commander
# 14 STOked
03-23-2012, 09:16 AM
I'm trying to find it now, but I remember hearing/seeing it in an episode of STOked with Al as well.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
I actually found the poll, and I was mistaken about the popularity of the Ambassador. However it was voted as more popular than the Oberth, which is now in game. Again though, this thread is really just a request not to be mislead, not really a continuation of the Ambassador discussion.
Edited my post to include the link, but yeah, overall in that poll it wasn't the first choice. BUT seeing that the Enterprise-J (universe class) was a joke (God willing), the Ambassador, is infact "next in line." But sadly it's been in discussion for over a year I believe...at this point a 2409 varient would be nice to see.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
I actually found the poll, and I was mistaken about the popularity of the Ambassador. However it was voted as more popular than the Oberth, which is now in game. Again though, this thread is really just a request not to be mislead, not actually about the Ambassador per say.
With FTP active, I say let's vote again!
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
This thread is not actually about the Ambassador, but rather a request not to be mislead when trying to push any certain agenda.
Well, that other thread wasn't about the ambassador either, to begin with. This thread is entirely related to that thread. Your OP states so. It's basically saying "you said it's not popular, here, I found another dev saying it is, so there." A new thread on this is not needed. All it will do is stir up bad feeling.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-23-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Recently, a certain Dev repeatedly stated that the Excelsior class was not a popular ship(as part of an argument that the Ambassador was a low priority). However, Al Rivera disagrees. In an interview with Priority One, he said of the Excelsior:

"I think its probably our best selling ship in the game" -start at 28:00 to get full reference to Excel

http://thequantumcafe.com/priorityon...d-thingspart-2

To be fair, the statement above has 2 qualifiers: "I think" and "probably". But whether it is actually the absolute best selling or not, it is obviously very popular for him to even think that. The certain Dev in question who denied what Al just said made it clear that he did not personally like the Ambassador design, which is completely fine. But please do not try to mislead the community by making false statements to try to support your position.
"Probably" being the best selling ship doesn't mean it's the most used. Like most old-timers I also own the Excelsior but none of my 7 VAs use it. And I certainly see more Galaxy Dreadnoughts in various sectors then I do T5 Excelsiors.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
"Probably" being the best selling ship doesn't mean it's the most used. Like most old-timers I also own the Excelsior but none of my 7 VAs use it. And I certainly see more Galaxy Dreadnoughts in various sectors then I do T5 Excelsiors.
Unlike Cosmic, those of us who spend a lot of time in-game playing the game and flying to ESD and DS9 and other populated zones, notice a lot more Excelsiors than Galaxy-X's being flown. Because not only is it a popular ship design with the fans, it's also a far superior choice for gameplay and these games attract min-maxxers along with trek fans.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-23-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Unlike Cosmic, those of us who spend a lot of time in-game playing the game and flying to ESD and DS9 and other populated zones, notice a lot more Excelsiors than Galaxy-X's being flown. Because not only is it a popular ship design with the fans, it's also a far superior choice for gameplay and these games attract min-maxxers along with trek fans.
Since the Ignore system is down and I can actually read your posts right now I'll only say that I'm generally in the game 4-6 hours every day so I doubt you're in it more then I am. Thanks anyway.