Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 61
03-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
You can post it as many times as you want, its not going to change anything I said in the post you quoted.
of course not. giving a frame of reference like that takes wind out of your argument's sails, so of course your going to dismiss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
They should probably have never included the Constitution (Refit or Old) or the Miranda. Or the Bird of Prey. Excelsior may be really the last feasible ship, on its last leg, so to speak, a training vessel only, something to blow up defending the hero ship like the Miranda's in DS9.

But they went theme park, which giving Cryptic's specialty (customization) is not really surprising. Too bad they also made the ship tier system as is, there would have been a lot easier time to reintroduce old ships without wrecking any sense of believability. If BO ranks on a ship were dependent on your rank and only the type of station by ship type, the hull, shield and turn rate differences between lower and higher tier ships would have been meaningful but overall, they would remain in a roughly competitive area for PvE and PvP....

---

All that said - I am not really that interested anymore in going back to older ships. I wouldn't mind seeing some new creations now.
thus my tier overhaul, attempting to add a bit more sanity to the theme park
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 62
03-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badname834854
I think all the nerd rage in that thread stemmed from the fact that the only reason that we don't have an Ambassador in-game is strictly because of the personal opinions of a couple of devs, which is misguided at best, lazy at worst. To an outsider, It would seem that there was some sort of systemic bend against it.

One thing it did show was that the introduction of new ships is being hamstrung by the limitations of the current Tier methodology. In essence, the current tier system if crushing itself by its' own weight.
I absolutely agree with you.

Thats why i hope they will sooner or later (better sooner) revamp the tier system completely.
Beautiful ships like the Avenger Starcruiser for example have no real purpose anymore, since the introduction of the Odyssey IMO. The tier system HAS to be remade IMHO, otherwise there isn't going to be more tolerance for new ships anymore.

I know at least two great revamp proposals being worth to be looked at, Suricata's ship tier revamp proposal LINK and dontdrunkimshoots a realistic ship tier overhaul in response to Al Rivera Said Stuff! LINK, both have great ideas and are much more flexible, logical and most important, consistent with Star Trek canon IMO.
After i have read several comments from the devs, i have come to the conclusion that they don't really have a plan (and idea) about STOs further starships tier system, they should give that job to someone who is really interested in this matter.

I hope the devs reckognise our desire for a more consistent and flexible Tier system, just adding stuff they find "cool" is just rediculus, they do the game for US not for themselves.
Again i say the Tier system has to be remade. Nuff said.


Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 63
03-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
of course not. giving a frame of reference like that takes wind out of your argument's sails, so of course your going to dismiss it.
I'm not dismissing it, I'm simply telling you that it doesnt change anything I said. The ship won the poll. The ship is possibly the best selling ship per Al Rivera. Your personal opinion doesnt change any of that and never will no matter how many times you post it. Sorry
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 64
03-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'm not dismissing it, I'm simply telling you that it doesnt change anything I said. The ship won the poll. The ship is possibly the best selling ship per Al Rivera. Your personal opinion doesnt change any of that and never will no matter how many times you post it. Sorry
those are of course the facts, and im not going to argue the results of the poll or the sales that came after. but if other old ships weren't even in the game to start with, i think the community would have wanted to keep the game 2409 pure, the excelsior might not have even been a poll option. i know i would have insisted against adding the excelcior if the game was 2409 pure up to that point.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 65
03-24-2012, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
You would think that the priority of the ships they made would be determined by customer desire, not the personal tastes of the Dev, but go figure.
One would expect that, however given the recent comments by 2 developers If its not "cool" or is "goofy looking" then it doesn't make it in game.

my question is the Gladius is goofy as heck, why is it in game, the Hope? Just some things I'm wondering about.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 66
03-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Recently, a certain Dev repeatedly stated that the Excelsior class was not a popular ship(as part of an argument that the Ambassador was a low priority). However, Al Rivera disagrees. In an interview with Priority One, he said of the Excelsior:

"I think its probably our best selling ship in the game" -start at 28:00 to get full reference to Excel

http://thequantumcafe.com/priorityon...d-thingspart-2

To be fair, the statement above has 2 qualifiers: "I think" and "probably". But whether it is actually the absolute best selling or not, it is obviously very popular for him to even think that. The certain Dev in question who denied what Al just said made it clear that he did not personally like the Ambassador design, which is completely fine. But please do not mislead the community by making false statements to support your position.
Yeah I read that post by the Dev when it was made and I think that Dev needs to spend more time in-game and see just how many there is flying around. It is by far one of the most popular C-Store ships out there...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 PM.