Lt. Commander
# 1 The needs of the Many....
02-10-2012, 08:23 AM
I was playing a STF the other day with a person who had said they have "All mk XII borg gear" in team chat.

Of course they were rolling "Need" on everything. That green MK X polaron cannon. Yup Need that. That MK X green graviton deflector array, Yup need that too.

The "needs" of the many many players are outweighing the needs of the ones that actually could use the item.

Soon everyone was rolling need on everything because, well otherwise they wouldn't get jack with the guy that was being overly "needy." It didn't used to be such a problem, I wouldn't roll with people that did that or they would get booted from the team and replaced. No real opportunity to do that with the new queue system. Now, its kinda a big problem and I wanted to run a quick idea out there how to fix it.

If someone "wins" something via a "Need" roll do the following.

1. BIND it to them automatically.

2. Set the "recycle" value to 0. (like with the c store ship weapons that cant be recycled for unlimited energy)

No more "I NEED to auction that item" no more "I NEED to recycle that purple for energy credits."

If you win it via greed, keep it unbound, keep the recycle value. If you are going to "need" it, use it, but don't unduly profit off it.

Fix this and "need" will be "need" again and people will go for "greed" with an actual reason to roll down lower, cause they want to sell it. They will only NEED it if they want to USE it. That's how it was meant to be. If you want it for an "alt" run the mission on the alt or buy it off the exchange.

Simple solution. Take the "Greed" out of the "need" roles.

Bump if you like to restore some usefulness to need/greed instead of the broken way it is of letting the rude rip off everything, or post if you think this is dumb and its fine as is.

Phasers on stun, Good Luck.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me, but all it will ever be is an idea. They will never implement anything like this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsormyr View Post
Sounds like a good idea to me, but all it will ever be is an idea. They will never implement anything like this.
Sometimes, if an idea is simple enough ( two flags set on items shouldn't be that tough. ) and there is a big enough call for it, it might have a chance (being overly optimistic here I know)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensignfreekill
Sometimes, if an idea is simple enough ( two flags set on items shouldn't be that tough. ) and there is a big enough call for it, it might have a chance (being overly optimistic here I know)
Oh I'm with you on this one, I just don't see them changing anything about the current system.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2012, 08:45 AM
I guess his NEED roll was more lucky than yours?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroNavigator
I guess his NEED roll was more lucky than yours?
I rolled greed stupidly though the mission, wasn't relay paying enough attention. Guess I'm just dumb.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Just Kick The Greedy Offending Player From The Group .. Tho this might impact the group to mcuh. pitty.

Anyone going Need for something they wish to sell,
Should be Disaasembled in Subspace.!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Shoot, I'd be happy with an option to keep players who suicide and never respawn or fly 100km away from the fight from being allowed to even have a need/greed option. Twice in a single day of STF runs I had that happen and it's incredibly frustrating to watch.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlorian
Just Kick The Greedy Offending Player From The Group .. Tho this might impact the group to mcuh. pitty.

Anyone going Need for something they wish to sell,
Should be Disaasembled in Subspace.!
Can't kick from teams in STFs or PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2012, 10:07 AM
I generally roll greed or pass on non-borg items in STFs. When I notice someone rolling need, I also roll need just so he has to face some kind of odds whether I want it or not.

I called one guy in the Cure on needing a bunch of Mk IX items. He gave me grief for covering the Kang, even though it gave him three more chances to need. It takes all kinds, I guess.