Lt. Commander
# 11
03-23-2012, 02:53 PM
I wanna' shoot all the lil' EV suits that jump around for the tiny bits of crystals they mined. That would make that asteroid fun.

Otherwise, I got a nice useless suit that I can show my grandchildren some decades later, and tell about how expensive it -should- have been.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-23-2012, 07:17 PM
I just don't get how the "ore collected" number is so different from the amount you actually get.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Did it once and erased the coordinates of the Asteroid from my Nav logs.
Not even slight fun, not even worth the time. The Ferengi there can rot until the universe collapses, lol.

Really sad that so many $$$ were spend on this and the Mugato ape instead of making something useful.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-23-2012, 08:37 PM
2 of my KDF captains (I haven't tried the third) can not get a mining zone to appear. I don't know if there is a zone and I just can not find it or if there are no zones. My Fed character did not have any problem getting a zone and mining (about 400) dilithium.

Did I miss something in the update? Is the KDF faction unable to mine? Another Fleet member experienced the same thing (KDF not able to mine / Fed can mine).
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elnaith View Post
Did it once and erased the coordinates of the Asteroid from my Nav logs.
Not even slight fun, not even worth the time. The Ferengi there can rot until the universe collapses, lol.

Really sad that so many $$$ were spend on this and the Mugato ape instead of making something useful.
that is the problem of the f2p
new content (understand: missions, maps, STFs etc.) will not make them money. they tried that with p2p and failed.
purchaseable items like ships, pets, EVA suits and lockboxes will (unless ppl stop buying it)

so from now on its going to be the majority of stuff being added regularly.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-24-2012, 12:05 AM
They could make this work just fine, if all they did was change the reward amount from dilithium ore to refined dilithium. Then the small amounts make sense, and it's a little bonus on top of your 8k limit, but not such a huge amount as to be game breaking.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-24-2012, 04:37 AM
EPIC FAIL on a grand scale.Dont try as KDF as it almost always fails,and the ridiculous amount of Dil required for a different coloured EV suit,just about sums up whats wrong with STO at the moment.

How could anyone think that they are Value for money is beyond me.

I think they've released this fiasco to cover up how weak the 800 vet rewards are too

Tuff love indeed, nuff said...
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-24-2012, 04:43 AM
Cryptic should remove the 24hr cooldown or reduce it to 30min
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-24-2012, 01:02 PM
It's a fun minigame that doesn't cost you anything but, at most, 30 minutes of your not-so-precious time.
Anybody who thinks this is a waste should take up a new hobby. I recommend Pong, or Pick-Up-Sticks.

Get over yourselves.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMikeHardy View Post
It's a fun minigame that doesn't cost you anything but, at most, 30 minutes of your not-so-precious time.
Anybody who thinks this is a waste should take up a new hobby. I recommend Pong, or Pick-Up-Sticks.

Get over yourselves.
How about we do this instead. They give us some actual end game content, and you can go off and waste your time on free iPad games.

Get some standards.