Lt. Commander
# 21
03-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboysw View Post
My issue is that it isnt very Trek. Why would I as a starshp captain be manually dilithium mining.
This mission would make a lot more sense if it were a Civilian Miner doing it. I asked for Civilian as a career choice...basically a fourth option to tac, sci, and eng. Mining would be one of the careers you could specialize in.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...85#post4102285
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-24-2012, 06:29 PM
I just finished the mission.

I had to find 5 different areas to mine which took awhile since I got lost on the edge a few times.

I got to make like a jack rabbit for a good long while which was fun for awhile.

I made about 20 dilitium per dig for a total of 100 dilithium.

I went to turn in my mission to get my reward and all I got were useless exp and Boff points.

WTF !!!

I am seeing most of you made like 400/500 dilithium.

Normally I would ask someone how to improve my game, but in this case I think I will pass.

If I was 2 to 5 years old maybe I would find it more interesting, but as it is all I can say is OMG.

I mean even in DABO you have a tiny chance at a jackpot.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstruo
How about we do this instead. They give us some actual end game content, and you can go off and waste your time on free iPad games.

Get some standards.
What he said , squeezing lemons in my eyes would be more fun than this
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-24-2012, 08:46 PM
I've done it 5 or 6 times now. It was a fun mission to do as a break from fighting. 10 minutes for 400-500 wasn't so bad I thought. Went faster after I decided to scan for ore rather then jump around randomly. Though the jumping around is actually pretty fun.
Lt. Commander
# 25 Low Low Rate
03-24-2012, 09:33 PM
The drop rate are very low. PW is to cheap to up the rate so add something to to drops such as 2 Jevonite to each mining try so person would get 10 Jevonite per day. That would give the players something they want and not hurt PW in any way.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansapien
I've done it 5 or 6 times now. It was a fun mission to do as a break from fighting. 10 minutes for 400-500 wasn't so bad I thought. Went faster after I decided to scan for ore rather then jump around randomly. Though the jumping around is actually pretty fun.
400-500 dilithium a day is pretty bad. I may as well do satellite repair instead. At least it's fun.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-26-2012, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboysw View Post
My issue is that it isnt very Trek. Why would I as a starshp captain be manually dilithium mining.
Most of the stuff we do as Captains isnt really Trek since in Trek a Captain in an away team is supposed to be the exception.... not a rule without any exception.

For running arround on asteroids collecting stuff... well that happened... in Enterprise... but not as a way of regulary mining... thats where mines are for.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-26-2012, 07:41 AM
I do like the mini-game. It's more challenging than the scanning mini-game, at least for now, and spacewalking across the asteroid is fun.

But I see why some people are not happy with it.

1. The return on Dilithium is quite low for the time investment. The exploration Daily grants a heck of a lot more, as do other activities.

2. Even during the Event time, the dilithium gain is very low. I'll hate to see what it drops to outside the Event.

3. It's still a bit buggy in that the objectives do not advance when they should sometimes.

4. Mining is not everyone's cuppa joe. Memories tend to be short amongst the playerbase who seem to be forgetting that there were players who asked for this kind of thing. For better or worse, now we got it -- doubtless not in the form that said players had in mind.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-27-2012, 12:36 AM
It's a cool fun mini-game, I like everything about it except it ripps you off for the Dilith. They need to raise the cap on how much you can get considering you can only do it once a day. You can get way more from the Academy event no problem. It should be at lest the same as you can get from the Academy event maybe 30% more for that one hour event on the calander.

There should defenitly be different ways to get Dilith that doesn't involve running the same Elite STFs over and over, or getting 5 dilith a pop from those crappy doff missions.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-28-2012, 05:19 PM
I did it once and that was enough..

My complaints, rewards are too low for the time "invested", but I also understand that you cant just "give away" 1K, 2K Dil each time you go.. But it would be nice if there were some item drops, or some way to earn EC's at the same time. Break it up a little, a lot of STO is repetative. Scan this, kill this guy, blow that up.. Give us a 4 wheeled buggy to ride around on the astroid, or SOMETHING different than bouncing around.. Add falling meteor's that we can shoot as they are falling out of the "sky" with some drops, with the chance of being hit by one... However it's done, add stuff that allows us to make it as boring as we want, or exciting as we want..

The reason I wont do it again, I see a trend as I'm sure most do. Exchange prices, the Dil store prices, the CRAZY amount of STF grinding you need to do to get gear.. What it tells me is they are making end game items harder to obtain ( The dev's have no control over the exchange, but I see all these NICE items, selling for 10 Million plus, yet I NEVER encounter any of these drops in game, no matter how much I play. So that means when someone does get a good drop, they sell it for a crazy price. Understandable ), which is fine, but it's the same content OVER AND OVER again. They just made it harder to aquire items is all they did.

Ran Terradome the other night ( first time actually ), I had 30 times as much fun running that as I do the STF's, even though Terradome is considered a STF, you get no data chips or salvage, the rewards suck.. But ya know, I had so much fun I didnt care, it broke up the everyday STF runs that I can do in my sleep. Problem is, others dont see it that way, they are so focused on grinding to get items, why on Earth would they run Terradome, which is a long mission, for crap rewards? So what that means is, you cant get a team together to run it... We need good, action packed missions that allow you to run with a team, or without.. I love teaming, but sometimes, I just wanna go alone but quite simply, I've ran all the other missions so many times, I dont want to run them anymore.. I'm not alone, there are A LOT of guys in my fleet, that do nothing buy hang around at the exchange, buying up items priced too low to sell for a profit. Some people may have fun with that, but I'm seeing it more and more. However I'd be willing to bet, they aren't having fun, it's just easier and quicker to do it that way than it is to actually run missions to aquire the item's..

The mining event, while it's cool they are adding "different" ways to play, it's just more "spoon feeding".