Lt. Commander
# 1 feedback on dilitium mineing
03-23-2012, 12:42 PM
for starters let me say I love that you guys are bringing in some new use for the EVA suit and that alone makes this mission great. hopefully it will see more uses like being used while fighting tholians since it can withstand extremely hot temperature conditions.

In comparison to DS9

well, their is no comparison, this is 10x more better than DS9 because of how freely you can move instead of being magnetically attached to the ship and just jumping around in general is fun to do in a space suit.

the mini-game

i thought it was really interesting to see a new minigame for star trek online. at first i was ecpecting it to be the same as finding a data sample but you guys went the extra mile and made it completely new and interesting which i have to give serious props to you guys about.

the EVA suit

only thing i find bad about this is its kind of a rip off that the pre-used suit which is identical to the one we get in the 2800 actually costs something as oppposed to being free. granted its not very much but it is still kind of a rip off.

the asteroid enviorment

the enviorment itself looks great and feels like an asteroid, would have liked a slightly more new asteroid texture but still it looked great. the best part about it was having the light from the ferengi cruiser go over the asteroid, and it looked great graphics wise as well.

in conclusion

all in all it was a great mission and defeniately something new to spice up the game with. only thing i would have added is a proper airlock you go into than out of to get onto the asteroid but hey its not that big of a deal. only question i have now is, whats the next use for the space suit?

so what does everyone else think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2012, 12:49 PM
The mission is fun for 4 minutes + 2 respaws while you choke your toon to death. It takes a long time to get the useless amount of dil the mission hands out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2012, 12:53 PM
i agree wirh P above its just more Fluff
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra80 View Post
The mission is fun for 4 minutes + 2 respaws while you choke your toon to death. It takes a long time to get the useless amount of dil the mission hands out.
This... Compared to the time you spend in this mission the rewards are not worth the efford.

Don't get me wrong, the idea is AWESOME, the implementation is neat, but it dosen't leave me with a feeling saying "Yea... that was worth it".

In fact, I felt like... "wait... is this it?"
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2012, 12:55 PM
200 to 300 dilithium is not fluff yo!

Yeah, ok, I can't even type that with a straight face.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
200 to 300 dilithium is not fluff yo!

Yeah, ok, I can't even type that with a straight face.
It's a good thing you said that last part... I have... enough dilithium in my account to make what I... collected in this mission to be less than 1% of my total amount... and thats not counting Ore.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2012, 12:58 PM
It will not give me a 5th place to mine! (Klingon toon)
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-23-2012, 01:00 PM
If you time it with the event you can get 500-700 dilithium, plus some particle traces and things. for 5 mins work its same as a daily misison in orelius or eta. its just meant to be a fun little thing other than shooting 5 ships

I think the mini game is enjoyable. I think it could be built on. perhaps several asteroids dotted around the galaxy. perhaps some give better rewards randomly, or having high science xp will allow you to scan the asteroids and determine which ones give the best rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
If you time it with the event you can get 500-700 dilithium, plus some particle traces and things. for 5 mins work its same as a daily misison in orelius or eta. its just meant to be a fun little thing other than shooting 5 ships

I think the mini game is enjoyable. I think it could be built on. perhaps several asteroids dotted around the galaxy. perhaps some give better rewards randomly, or having high science xp will allow you to scan the asteroids and determine which ones give the best rewards.
I love the minigame... wich is another reason I am somewhat dissapointed... I want to be able to re-do it...

oh and 800 Dil is still less than 1% of my total...
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-23-2012, 01:07 PM
The mini-game was fun, but they really ought to adjust the rewards higher to compensate for the time it takes. I love the concept, and really hope they build on it a little.
Closed Thread