Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkdown View Post
Can someone point me to the thread where the dev said it was not broken.
It was confirmed by someone during a Jupitor Network "STOKED" broadcast in a discussion with a developer that it was accidently bugged when they fixed the Jem'Hadar shield's Duty Officer bug and that they would be fixing it to work the way it was before with only being able to fit one per ship.

Here is the link to the episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
just watched the stoked, at about 13 minutes this guy says the this is a bug and not intentional, he talked to the devs somehow or other.

http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/1...ce-stoked-115/
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Alright i see a diminishing return i guess 20k shield on my cruiser is not op.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkdown View Post
Alright i see a diminishing return i guess 20k shield on my cruiser is not op.
if i remember correctly i thought my cruisers usually land around 9k - 12k shields on average depending on the variables. i was always happy with that.

not sure why we would need so much shielding with the way healing works in this game.

i hope this is just a bug and does get addressed. if this was meant to "slow the pace" of PVP matches....well then i get that reasoning, but just getting rid of the +35 and giving all ships more base shielding works just as well, and then we could use those sci console slots to boost sci healing, shield stripping, and improve our crowd control to combat the new higher base shield stats.

anything from cryptic on the situation would be great, as i see it this is just another thing to be ignored because i dont even think they know why it happened.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon

anything from cryptic on the situation would be great, as i see it this is just another thing to be ignored because i dont even think they know why it happened.
Read my last post carefully and follow the link for confirmation.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
Read my last post carefully and follow the link for confirmation.
im referencing in game communication regarding this problem. not everyone watches stoked. i stopped about 4 or 5 months ago due to the lack of enjoyment i was getting from the program.

i did watch the link and appreciate your imput.

but something on the release notes, or in game bulletin seems so easy to do, yet nothing. why should we have to dig 14 minutes into a podcast for something related to crucial build gear impacts?
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-24-2012, 12:24 PM
example bulletin:

"Attention STO gamers. we have currently run into an issue with the science console Field Generator. This console is now having its stats stacked, giving you +35% all shield facings for each console. This piece of gear is not working as intended. Although PVE players may not really need to consider these implications, our PVP Community needs to be aware of this game Bug, and that we are aware of it also. And we are currently working on a fix.

Thank you all for your continued support of our game, your dedication is greatly appreciated by our staff.

signed

Cryptic Development team"

took me 3 minutes.

have fun kill bad guys

horizon
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-24-2012, 01:31 PM
I don't see what the big deal is, I play pvp all the time (multiple times daily) with my fleet and haven't noticed a big difference. A team working together can still rip through one who is not. As someone who plays Elite STF's on a daily basis, having to take out something with 20-25K shields isn't a big problem and that extra few seconds of shield cap is welcome against a ship with over 1 million hull strength that can one shot you on a whim. The only ships you'll see taking FULL advantage of this are science ships and they have needed a buff for quite a while. I say leave as is or better yet get rid of the console and increase everyone's shield cap by 35-50%. While people who only play pvp complain about stuff being overpowered, the elite borg npc's stay the same while we just keep getting weaker. Technology is supposed to progress, not regress. That is just my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-24-2012, 03:07 PM
In my opinion, this is not a buff to science ships, its a nerf. Here's why:

Now that the field generators are sci consoles, all the other classes will fill their sci console slots with them and still have the use of all of their "class" abilities to their fully buffed effect. (Tacs still have 4 tac consoles, Eng's still have 4 eng consoles)

Science ships will have to stack more than one of these to remain competive, but this will cause sci-ship captains to be less effective in their science abilites since they will be giving up class specific consoles that would buff their abilites.

So either every class gets better shields and science loses sci console buffs,

or

Science ships retain their console buffs, but have less or same shields than all the other classes, who happen to have more weapons as well.

Lt. Commander
# 19
03-24-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromgold View Post
In my opinion, this is not a buff to science ships, its a nerf. Here's why:

Now that the field generators are sci consoles, all the other classes will fill their sci console slots with them and still have the use of all of their "class" abilities to their fully buffed effect. (Tacs still have 4 tac consoles, Eng's still have 4 eng consoles)

Science ships will have to stack more than one of these to remain competive, but this will cause sci-ship captains to be less effective in their science abilites since they will be giving up class specific consoles that would buff their abilites.

So either every class gets better shields and science loses sci console buffs,

or

Science ships retain their console buffs, but have less or same shields than all the other classes, who happen to have more weapons as well.

That's true, it would simply be better for everyone concerned if all ship's shields cap were raised by 35% and Reg would need to be re-worked as well to stay competitive. Science ships would keep their 1.3 shield modifiers.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Real PvPers cut through elite space STFs like a hot knife through room temperature butter. They don't whine about needing more shields because the cubes are owning them.