Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
03-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribyelruh View Post
Real PvPers cut through elite space STFs like a hot knife through room temperature butter. They don't whine about needing more shields because the cubes are owning them.
Typical, here we are having a grown up discussion and you come in beating your chest lol. This is why most people don't pvp (I do pvp, as said before). I'm not whining about needing new shields but simply saying that technology progresses in the real world, as well as in the fictional Star Trek universe so why do we keep asking for stuff to be nerfed? I'd prefer if all player ships got a buff instead of nerfing each new and improved ability. This way you can satisfy PVP and PVE players. The reason I brought up the cube is because anyone who has ever played ISE knows what I'm talking about and if you say you haven't been owned by an elite tac cube, your talking out your ***. I know from experience a good pvp team can cut through a space elite pretty easily but not without the occasional one shot and that is ridiculous imo. If the Borg could one shot top of the line ships in the show then the Federation or Klingon Empire would never have made it to 2409. I love PVP and PVE so I hope Cryptic takes a look at the source of the issue instead of just nerfing one thing after another.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
03-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Ummmm the borg could one shot top of the line ships in the shows. I seem to remember all but the hero ships getting wasted fairly easily. Working as intended. The cube one shots are INTENDED... you are supposed too sometimes die in one hit cause life and the borg are not fair. What he was saying is true though, pvper groups cut through STFs in half the time most PvE players seem to plan for them. I have pugged STFs from time too time and that is frustrations galore... I have also run it them with more PvE focused friends. Its funny too me that they come up with all these strategies too win them, doing kill this yet, knock all of them down first ect ect..... When I suggest that the last run I did we just you know "pew pewed" everything and won, they laugh and say bad idea.

STFs are a DPS race plain and simple there is nothing complicated going on in any of them, there is no complicated boss fights where you have stand on any safe stones or anything else. Line up your borg and roast stop worrying about your shields. Bring 5 DPS ships and the tac cubes don't often live long enough too one shot nothing... yes sometimes one of the 5 will take a stray Torp Spread too the face... working as intended though cause you know we where fighting Borg man.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
03-25-2012, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
there is no complicated boss fights where you have stand on any safe stones or anything else.
Rebecca would beg to differ. So would Aramek.. As well as Sulu. (Well only a little )
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
03-25-2012, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Rebecca would beg to differ. So would Aramek.. As well as Sulu. (Well only a little )
Did you just reference lol ground. hehe
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
03-25-2012, 06:30 AM
If it were up to me the Borg would be way more over powdered than a simple Torp spread one shot. To be fair I think it would be better to see a series of abilities lead to instant death. Borg Tractor Beam, Shields Neutralized, Cutting Beam slicing and dicing, and if you can't break free (or your team can't disable the tractor) say hello to respawn.

Also, lol @ lol ground reference.

And in conclusion, PEW PEW!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
03-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus912 View Post
Typical, here we are having a grown up discussion and you come in beating your chest lol. This is why most people don't pvp (I do pvp, as said before). I'm not whining about needing new shields but simply saying that technology progresses in the real world, as well as in the fictional Star Trek universe so why do we keep asking for stuff to be nerfed? I'd prefer if all player ships got a buff instead of nerfing each new and improved ability. This way you can satisfy PVP and PVE players. The reason I brought up the cube is because anyone who has ever played ISE knows what I'm talking about and if you say you haven't been owned by an elite tac cube, your talking out your ***. I know from experience a good pvp team can cut through a space elite pretty easily but not without the occasional one shot and that is ridiculous imo. If the Borg could one shot top of the line ships in the show then the Federation or Klingon Empire would never have made it to 2409. I love PVP and PVE so I hope Cryptic takes a look at the source of the issue instead of just nerfing one thing after another.
omfg, 'bragging' he can do that is like bragging he can walk up stairs. you don't need to be some elite to do that, any one that pvps and can survive for longer then 10 seconds could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
If it were up to me the Borg would be way more over powdered than a simple Torp spread one shot. To be fair I think it would be better to see a series of abilities lead to instant death. Borg Tractor Beam, Shields Neutralized, Cutting Beam slicing and dicing, and if you can't break free (or your team can't disable the tractor) say hello to respawn.

Also, lol @ lol ground reference.

And in conclusion, PEW PEW!!!
the stf borg are actually dumbed down, they never fire off the shield neutralizer. cubes only feel like 10% harder to kill then spheres too. I'd give a cube like 6 beam arrays and 2 copies of FAW 3, 2 copies of HE 3, and 2 copies of tractor beam 3, with an additional borg tractor beam that does 10 times the damage when it grabs you. that be real borg.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
03-25-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the stf borg are actually dumbed down, they never fire off the shield neutralizer. cubes only feel like 10% harder to kill then spheres too. I'd give a cube like 6 beam arrays and 2 copies of FAW 3, 2 copies of HE 3, and 2 copies of tractor beam 3, with an additional borg tractor beam that does 10 times the damage when it grabs you. that be real borg.
I like that Steve also pointed out there ain't no cutting beams. What kind of borg don't slice and dice. Ohh the tears if our PvE friends had too endure there fancy cruisers being sliced up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
03-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromgold View Post
So either every class gets better shields and science loses sci console buffs,

or

Science ships retain their console buffs, but have less or same shields than all the other classes, who happen to have more weapons as well.

Yeah, basically. Do I continue to carry consoles to buff Charged Particle Burst against the new and better shields, or do I have an even crappier charged particle burst and competitive shields against the super shielded cruisers?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
03-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Rebecca would beg to differ. So would Aramek.. As well as Sulu. (Well only a little )
Since you brought up Sulu. Where is he?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
03-25-2012, 03:33 PM
do away with the +35 console, give every single shield +35% more capacity, and then make the console buff shield resistance with the same diminishing returns as hull armor.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:24 PM.