Lt. Commander
# 1 Crash on launch
03-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Anyone else crashing on launch since patching? Just crashes to bugreport when it tries to boot the client.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cu_Cuhlainn
Anyone else crashing on launch since patching? Just crashes to bugreport when it tries to boot the client.
Yes, ever since the lattest patch.,,, Same thing, just crashs...
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingDawn View Post
Yes, ever since the lattest patch.,,, Same thing, just crashs...
Good, glad it's not me. Will wait for update.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-24-2012, 12:19 AM
sigh.. nothings working T_T

Just reinstalled from scratch using winxp compat mode and admin, no change. Crashes upon clicking login, not even changing resolutions like it's entering a game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-24-2012, 06:50 AM
A bit more info on the issue would help other players diagnose your issues. For instance:

What operating system are you running? Win XP, Win Vista, or Win 7?
Is there an error message popping up when it crashes or does the game just dump you?
What steps, if any, have you taken to fix the problem? (be very specific)

The more info you pass along the greater the chance someone can help you out.

That being said...most problems with crashes after a big patch are caused by file corruption creeping into your system. *Usually* this is somewhere in the .hogg files. Things to try:

1) When running the launcher there is an option to "force verify" the files. Attempt this first.
2) There is also an option to run in "safe mode".
3) For some odd reason some people have had luck getting around these after-patch-crashes by selecting "show all games" in the options. Try that also.

If none of that works you may have to uninstall/reinstall the game. If you do so, however, make a note of where STO was originally installed on your hard drive. After uninstalling navigate back to where the game was on your hard drive and make sure all the files were deleted! If there are any leftovers the corruption could creep into your new install.

Good luck
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the tips pain, unfortunately all of the tips you posted fixed nothing since the launcher crashes before all of that even launches. No error messages, just "tell us what you were doing when the crash occurred". However after doing a little research I found a fix for my situation.

Before:
Windows 7 x64 sp1
Dual Radeon 6770's (Catalyst 12.3, ATI Official driver)

After:
Windows 7 x64 sp1
Dual Radeon 6770's (Catalyst 11.6, Diamond Multimedia Driver)

I should've stuck with the manufacturers drivers all along, all my games are running more stable now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Mine crashes after I hit Engage. Tells me it can;t connect to the patch server. the "show all games" fix does not work for me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Cu_Cuhlainn, and Elizabeth
Same problem, (After The Patch..) couldnt get past "ENGAGE" fatal crash, whatever....
After every ones advice, Show all games, Safe mode etc etc Still No Fix...
So, I just simplyupdated windows (windows update )and it resolved my issues, so try that?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-26-2012, 03:49 PM
i am having the same problem everybody else is having
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-27-2012, 05:39 PM
I had to disable my firewall (McAfee) to get back into the game.