Lt. Commander
# 1 What is Dilithium used for?
03-23-2012, 06:21 PM
I have not been playing since the Dilithium was introduced in the game, and now that we are getting a Dilithium mining event and ability, what exactly is it used for in game? I see the chance to buy it all the time, but I rather not have to pay money for it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2012, 08:09 PM
You can buy extra ships with it (regular ships that used to cost ECs), better gear (that you used to use Marks and Emblems for), and you can convert it to Cryptic Points and buy thing from the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
You can buy extra ships with it (regular ships that used to cost ECs), better gear (that you used to use Marks and Emblems for), and you can convert it to Cryptic Points and buy thing from the C-Store.
Also in crafting. In other words, nothing useful. That's why they're worthless in comparison to cpoints, and becoming increasing more so...
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblet
Also in crafting. In other words, nothing useful. That's why they're worthless in comparison to cpoints, and becoming increasing more so...
So, they're worthless compared to C-points... but you can buy C-points with them...

Does not compute.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2012, 11:55 PM
The idea that Dilithium is useless is silly.

You can get some good gear with it, and it is necessarily for reshearch (crafting), wich the J-man is working on improoving (I am SOOOO gonna laugh at all thoose who did not level their reshearch in good time because it was "useless").

As also mentioned, it can be used to buy C-Points, and ships, and is required for some of the newer Duty Officer missions.

People may tell you that it's useless... But thats Either because they havn't used it properly, or hope to throw you off balance to gain an advantage.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-24-2012, 02:42 AM
You can trade for c-points.
you can buy the non c-store ships.
you can buy better doffs (if you are the correct rank in the respective doff xp).
you can buy ship and ground gear and consoles, which is pretty important unless you want to ride around in white gear or wait for drops that match your set up.
you can tip foundry authors after playing their missions.
you can use it to craft.
you can buy the extra EV suits (although they are stupidly expensive).

they will no doubt add more ways to spend it so even if you have no desire to use it now, saving up will never be a bad thing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-24-2012, 07:03 AM
Dilithium crystal are used to power your warp engine. Or as my Pakled engineer always tells me "It makes us go."
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Anyone who thinks dilithium is worthless, please send me some... pretty please! I could use lots and lots of this "useless" stuff!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassGeek View Post
So, they're worthless compared to C-points... but you can buy C-points with them...

Does not compute.
Precisely. With Dilithium being useless, and Cpoints vastly more useful, only the noobs would trade cpoints for dilithium, thus the price gap. A sustainable market-based microtransaction model would be everything brought with dilithium, cpoints exist only as a means of buying dilithium with cash. Market self regulation ensures both a stable player base and a stable and increasing cpoint purchase rate. With the rise and fall of trade balance, more paying players incentivate more free players to join/stay, which in turn motivate additional microtransaction.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-24-2012, 10:14 AM
dilithium was made to make it hard for gold farmers to exploit. the low amount of dilithium also helps balance the in game's economy. trust me u DO NOT want to see 1,000,000 dilithium per c-coin.