Lt. Commander
# 11
03-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassGeek View Post
So, they're worthless compared to C-points... but you can buy C-points with them...

Does not compute.
They're worth more C-Points than the equivalent amount of emblems were.

500 Emblems = 600 C-Points (or more, if you have more than two alts) = 150k dilithium.

Unless you were earning 500 Emblems every 19 days under the old system, you do better under the dilithium system. Don't let the extra zeros in your dilithium total fool you.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaarashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblet
Precisely. With Dilithium being useless, and Cpoints vastly more useful, only the noobs would trade cpoints for dilithium, thus the price gap. A sustainable market-based microtransaction model would be everything brought with dilithium, cpoints exist only as a means of buying dilithium with cash. Market self regulation ensures both a stable player base and a stable and increasing cpoint purchase rate. With the rise and fall of trade balance, more paying players incentivate more free players to join/stay, which in turn motivate additional microtransaction.
dilithium was made to make it hard for gold farmers to exploit. the low amount of dilithium also helps balance the in game's economy. trust me u DO NOT want to see 1,000,000 dilithium per c-coin.
That's just the direction it's going. What can dilithium buy you? Crappy items from dilithium shops? Unwanted bridge officers? Subpar versions of cpoint ships? Why would any chump trade something that's useful (cpoints) for something useless (dilithium)? There are, however, every reason to do the reverse. Thus, dilithium inflation.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minababe
Anyone who thinks dilithium is worthless, please send me some... pretty please! I could use lots and lots of this "useless" stuff!
You can mine an asteroid yourself for 300 of it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblet
What can dilithium buy you? Crappy items from dilithium shops?
Stackable field generators are all the rage right now.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
dilithium was made to make it hard for gold farmers to exploit.
This is true. The game has accomplished this, though, by turning you players into the gold farmers. It was said PWE is great at making grindfests.

That's what they've done with the economy "revamp."
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-24-2012, 11:06 AM
crappy item? are u joking from the beginning of the game to rear admiral their very useful items. as i can see u don't use doff system or able to transwarp to other star bases. if ur a ship collector or want good blue/purple gear, or want decent doffs with higher chances for success.its the best way to get past the 8000 limit.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
This is true. The game has accomplished this, though, by turning you players into the gold farmers. It was said PWE is great at making grindfests.

That's what they've done with the economy "revamp."
what makes u thank this is PWE's idea.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Quote:
what makes u thank this is PWE's idea.
Mostly because the economy revamp DStahl hinted at back before the sale was pretty different from the economy revamp that actually happened once PWE bought the company and its games... and the economy revamp turned the game into the PWE style grindfest their other games are.

I could be wrong. But ... my gut tells me the game turning the players into farmers had a lot of nudging from the new bosses after the sale.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Mostly because the economy revamp DStahl hinted at back before the sale was pretty different from the economy revamp that actually happened once PWE bought the company and its games... and the economy revamp turned the game into the PWE style grindfest their other games are.

I could be wrong. But ... my gut tells me the game turning the players into farmers had a lot of nudging from the new bosses after the sale.
Well if your wrong then so am I because I have been thinking the same thing.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
You can get some good gear with it, and it is necessarily for reshearch (crafting), wich the J-man is working on improoving (I am SOOOO gonna laugh at all thoose who did not level their reshearch in good time because it was "useless").
Go take a look at Champions (which is now getting "Questionite" and "Questionite Ore"... showing how these two games influence each other and function as testing grounds for themselves), it's currently undergoing a Crafting Revamp. All the old crafting stuff is now worthless, and you now have a (large) chance to fail and lose everything put into the crafting attempt, which can be mitigated with "catalysts" (sold in the store, a system that is an Eastern MMO staple, adored by PWE and used to heavily monetize crafting).

Yes, so go take a look at Champions and fear that crafting is making it's way back onto the design table... then start praying that you don't see the influence creep over (which it probably will, since it's likely coming directly from PWE as a mandate).