Lt. Commander
Just had someone sit AFK during Infected (space) elite.

When the Tac Cube warped in at the end and destroyed the AFKer (who was still sitting at the spawn point), he just waited for the Tac Cube to move away, then respawned. And kept on sitting there.

We couldn't kick him from team.

Shouldn't there be something to do about this? AFKing in Kerrat is one thing, but AFK in an Elite STF is unacceptable.

Why not be able to kick him, then have someone else waiting in queue take his place?

ps. it's pretty lame -- the Infected queue fills literally in moments, all day long. It's not like PvP where you join the queue, it takes forever, you might accidentally forget, then go AFK before it starts, having forgot you were even queued up for it
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-13-2012, 11:32 PM
I would also like to see a majority votekick added.

The OP's issue has a lot of merit, but my major gripe is when I foresee failure in a group member, /tell them about the proper strategy, and have them still fail and I have nothing to do but carry them through the **** storm?

Unacceptable...
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArykGrev View Post
Just had someone sit AFK during Infected (space) elite.

When the Tac Cube warped in at the end and destroyed the AFKer (who was still sitting at the spawn point), he just waited for the Tac Cube to move away, then respawned. And kept on sitting there.

We couldn't kick him from team.

Shouldn't there be something to do about this? AFKing in Kerrat is one thing, but AFK in an Elite STF is unacceptable.

Why not be able to kick him, then have someone else waiting in queue take his place?

ps. it's pretty lame -- the Infected queue fills literally in moments, all day long. It's not like PvP where you join the queue, it takes forever, you might accidentally forget, then go AFK before it starts, having forgot you were even queued up for it
By the way, the short answer is because they lacked the foresight or resources to add this feature...
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-14-2012, 05:44 AM
Votekick sounds good in theory, but there will be many moments where people will abuse it. not to mention, trolls.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2012, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barschmeister_Sparki
Votekick sounds good in theory, but there will be many moments where people will abuse it. not to mention, trolls.
Wouldn't it work though, so that everyone else on the team would have to agree to kick a particular member?

If there was a single troll trying to oust a single other player, the rest (including that player) could kick the troll if need be.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-14-2012, 08:38 AM
Group of 3 enters scenario, with additional PU.
Group does the optional and reches target. 3 friends kick the PU people fro mthe team and have a better chance for the nice booty.

Seen that in enough games with vote for kick.
It is not better than the afk people.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-14-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barschmeister_Sparki
I would like to see some sort of ability to boot completely inactive players, but I also know some Ahole will abuse it, too just because they're an Ahole.
I used to see abuse in Battlefield with players bringing up a kick vote for team leaders, etc. when they were'nt happy or just to be an arse.
But...on the other hand, SOMETHING has to be done with the ones who join an STF then sit way off to the side and make no contributions to the team effort whatsoever...
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-14-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArykGrev View Post
Wouldn't it work though, so that everyone else on the team would have to agree to kick a particular member?

If there was a single troll trying to oust a single other player, the rest (including that player) could kick the troll if need be.
That is why it looks good on papaer, but in pracice that is not the case. This is abused in WoW like no mans business and there is a cooldown on it which has not prevented the abuse.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
I would like to see some sort of ability to boot completely inactive players, but I also know some Ahole will abuse it, too just because they're an Ahole.
I used to see abuse in Battlefield with players bringing up a kick vote for team leaders, etc. when they were'nt happy or just to be an arse.
But...on the other hand, SOMETHING has to be done with the ones who join an STF then sit way off to the side and make no contributions to the team effort whatsoever...
Maybe a flag AFK thing would be better then. It gives the players some level of control by reporting the player AFK, the system flags them they have a certain length of time to get involved or they are booted by the system.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-14-2012, 09:36 AM
From what I've seen in STFs (even normal ones), a "vote kick" could and would be abused by trolls (the same sort of people who contribute nothing in team chat but moan after the fact of the optional failing).

However, there is merit in making "inactive" players kickable. The system can simply check for damage dealt and, if a player deals no damage for a two-minute period (or whatever), flag them up.

This wouldn't prevent trolling or botting (if such a thing is possible), but it would help prevent casual leeching.