Lt. Commander
# 1 How to scrap a ship
03-24-2012, 12:53 AM
I'm wondering how to scrap a ship and thus free up a ship slot.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-24-2012, 01:07 AM
open the ship status window, click discharge ship and then type the name in the box. Be careful, you don't get any credits for discharging a ship and you lose any equipment still on it, so be sure to strip it for parts first.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-24-2012, 02:03 AM
Keep in mind that you can only reclaim ships you bought from the c-store. All other ships are completely lost and you must buy them again at full price if you want them back.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-24-2012, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Keep in mind that you can only reclaim ships you bought from the c-store. All other ships are completely lost and you must buy them again at full price if you want them back.
Which can be abused to get more than a couple special weapons, like the TOS's Retrofit Phasers or the Sao Paulo's Quad Cannons
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-24-2012, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91
Which can be abused to get more than a couple special weapons, like the TOS's Retrofit Phasers or the Sao Paulo's Quad Cannons
Abused isnīt the right word though. The quad cannons are unique anyway, you can have three million of them in your inventory, but you can use only one at a time. Which ruins the whole point of the visual effect part imo.

Iīm not sure of the TOS phaser status. In the beginning you could have as many as you wanted, later they made them unique, people raged. I donīt know if they switched it back. The phasers are nice for leveling purposes, but at max level you want better stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2012, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
open the ship status window, click discharge ship and then type the name in the box. Be careful, you don't get any credits for discharging a ship and you lose any equipment still on it, so be sure to strip it for parts first.
so when it says name, is it
U.S.S shipname
shipname
or
USS shipname

because none of those worked for me. anyone else having this issue?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-25-2012, 01:52 AM
you have to type in

U.S.S. Shipname

You probably missing the . at the end off U.S.S.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-25-2012, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishavar
so when it says name, is it
U.S.S shipname
shipname
or
USS shipname

because none of those worked for me. anyone else having this issue?
neither of those is correct, you need 3 periods U.S.S. shipname
And you need make a different ship the active one, and then select the one to discharge. You can't be on the one you're discharging.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-25-2012, 11:04 PM
Also keep in mind that the original Miranda Light Cruiser, once Discharged, you cannot get this ship back.
Not even from C-Store.

This Miranda Light Cruiser is purposely a beginner ship, it can equip weapons that Cruisers normally cannot (eg: certain types of Cannons).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-26-2012, 12:31 PM
I wouldnt discharge a ship as you can use these as a small bank for ship weapons that you may want to keep as well as some ship devices. I have two ships for my fed character and the weapons I have are ones I want to keep.

Also my Klingon Ship IKS Duras has at leaset a few consoles which I don;t want on the IKS Kahless so it is handy having a few ships in case

1 you fancy a change
2. You have no bank space