Lt. Commander
# 11
03-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Yea i have to agree, although with caution because i feel like the Devs are inching their way to putting in a ship that will be OP and break the game unless you pay up. So far the "free" ships have satisfied me greatly.

*dreamy eyes* Dear lord how i love my Nebula....

Edit: And my negh'var and raptor i have on my KDF toon.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaarashi
i know. but my question is what will they do when they come out with tier 6.
Probably nothing. They're still selling the lower-tier C-Store ships, even though higher tiers are now available. Why would this change? Does a car dealership start giving older cars away for free when newer models come out?
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Atm, there's a level gap of 10, out of 50, or 1/5, between free and paying player. Once t6 rolls out, the level gap will be 20 out of 60, or 1/3. Pay to win, nice.

In typical ftp games that are successful, cash items are mostly vanity and convenience, and functional items are brought with in game currency.

In STO, we have dilithium that we can buy spacesuits with.

Why don't they turn all ships other than noob frigate into cstore ships? It's the direction we're going anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-24-2012, 10:34 AM
i'm talking about if they not going to offer anymore free ships for vaT5/T6. if so the "u can still use ra T5" argument would be moot when the tier 6 would come out.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-24-2012, 10:42 AM
screw the oddy or bortasqu t5 +1's, you can have just as much fun on a t5 sovvie or vor'cha and its cheaper too .
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Considering the lack of any new content, unless you count the dilithium mining mini-game as content, there's no reason to add another tier of ships and no reason for us to buy them. The choices range from sitting AFK parked in orbit of the planet of your choice to doing the same STF for the nth time. It would be the same as Blizzard introducing a new tier of gear only for your content to be locked at Hogger.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xautos
screw the oddy or bortasqu t5 +1's, you can have just as much fun on a t5 sovvie or vor'cha and its cheaper too .
The base model Odyssey is pretty comparable to the Sovereign but the $50 model is another story. There are not that many of them, but from what I have seen, that is pretty much completely breaking the balance. Everything being equal, it will win every time. Luckily, how you equip your ship and spend your skill points still counts for a lot more in a typical match than the boost you get from spending $50 on the most highly powered ship in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianalliance View Post
Considering the lack of any new content, unless you count the dilithium mining mini-game as content, there's no reason to add another tier of ships and no reason for us to buy them. The choices range from sitting AFK parked in orbit of the planet of your choice to doing the same STF for the nth time. It would be the same as Blizzard introducing a new tier of gear only for your content to be locked at Hogger.

even though i agree they've still have been coming out with new ship and shuttles. also they've have been talking about coming out with mark 13 gear. so lack if content is not stopping them form making new ships, what makes u think they won't make more stronger ships.