Lt. Commander
# 1 The Island of Dr. Mugato
03-24-2012, 09:56 AM
I was thinking... With Children of Khan, we have the idea of the new self-proclaimed Khan on the loose...

But I'd actually be very interested in Singh setting up as Trek "Island of Doctor Moreau."

You'd have a Mugato-guy (doable based on adult Mugato, if the devs have art for it), a Sehlat-guy (a really weird reworking of the Caitian/Ferasan stuff), a Targ guy, an attack saur guy.

It'd be great as both a hub and an STF. Have surprise worm attacks, a jungle temple setting, etc. I think that's exactly the kind of thing Star Trek writers would do if they'd had the budget for it and it's a great way to show off animals from the Trek IP.

Maybe have Dr. Singh team up with some Mariposans and get his hands on Xindi technology for animal experimentation. Heck, by having a storyline that is anti-turning animals into weapons, you have what should be a pretty safe political/philosophical story for the game. And you need a political/philosophical bent to be Trek. And, c'mon, I'd imagine dumping on the idea of turning animals into intelligent, humanoid weapons would be safe.

I can lay out how it would work but I'll just summarize:

Ground hub for the village. STF for the jungle. STF allows access to second hub (the laboratory) with a story heavy mission you have to pick up on site) and some exotic crafting resources. You have to do the STF every time you want access to the other stuff there.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I was thinking... With Children of Khan, we have the idea of the new self-proclaimed Khan on the loose...

But I'd actually be very interested in Singh setting up as Trek "Island of Doctor Moreau."

You'd have a Mugato-guy (doable based on adult Mugato, if the devs have art for it), a Sehlat-guy (a really weird reworking of the Caitian/Ferasan stuff), a Targ guy, an attack saur guy.

It'd be great as both a hub and an STF. Have surprise worm attacks, a jungle temple setting, etc. I think that's exactly the kind of thing Star Trek writers would do if they'd had the budget for it and it's a great way to show off animals from the Trek IP.

Maybe have Dr. Singh team up with some Mariposans and get his hands on Xindi technology for animal experimentation. Heck, by having a storyline that is anti-turning animals into weapons, you have what should be a pretty safe political/philosophical story for the game. And you need a political/philosophical bent to be Trek. And, c'mon, I'd imagine dumping on the idea of turning animals into intelligent, humanoid weapons would be safe.

I can lay out how it would work but I'll just summarize:

Ground hub for the village. STF for the jungle. STF allows access to second hub (the laboratory) with a story heavy mission you have to pick up on site) and some exotic crafting resources. You have to do the STF every time you want access to the other stuff there.
The only problem I can see with this is that the devs seem obsessed with All Borg, All The Time, and I gfear your good idea would quickly become an 'Assimilation' clone.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silo935
The only problem I can see with this is that the devs seem obsessed with All Borg, All The Time, and I gfear your good idea would quickly become an 'Assimilation' clone.
I'm kinda hoping that "Into the Hive" represents an end to the Borg storyline for awhile in STO. Let the Iconians kidnap the Queen and shutdown the Collective at the end.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I'm kinda hoping that "Into the Hive" represents an end to the Borg storyline for awhile in STO. Let the Iconians kidnap the Queen and shutdown the Collective at the end.
I hope you are right as I think this idea has merit. It really speaks to the lack of creativity on the dev team that not a single arc in the whole game, including the 2800, can go without leaning on the Borg for some plot point. It makes the whole game feel like a late-series Voyager episode, and not in a good way.