Lt. Commander
# 1 Childrens Toys
03-24-2012, 11:13 AM
As of yesterday 3/24/12 I was on part 2 of the Doff mission "Childrens Toys". I have the alien artifact in my inventory and was waiting for the "Infuse Artifact" mission to appear.

Now it seems the missin has changed. The assignment chain tab has "Childrens Toys" as a single mission that when you expand it says "Negotiate for rare commodities" and is checked. But there are no further missions to advance this mission line. So after some forum searching, I find you need to talk to your engineer, which has a assemble option... OK, but I dont have that. Nor do I have, or have seen a mission to infuse the artifact, which was the 2nd step I WAS looking for orginally. Ive read you need atleast one engineer with resolve (and possibly up to 5). So needless to say im confused.

So..maybe.. please.. Heretic... or some community member with first hand knowledge of how this assignment chain is supposed to work now.. please can you explain this to me ??? What do I do...go..help.

Also is there a site that shows doff missions or somthing? I know there are Doffs for dummies and doffs 101 on the forums...but comon I get how they work. But this chain has me cunfused.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Shipboard talk to you science officer then select special projects and you will see infuse alien artifact
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk600 View Post
Shipboard talk to you science officer then select special projects and you will see infuse alien artifact
^This... once you have the powered artifact head for engineering and talk to the Engineer.. (not operations) They are both listed under "Special ... "

Oh... and the Artifact is acquired from your quarters now.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Artifact in quarters? Can the cute blonde ensign bring it?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-24-2012, 12:54 PM
The thing I'd really like to know about this assignment is what the deal is with it requiring the resolve trait for all of your crew. It doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense, that ninety percent of my engineering staff would have to sit on its hands while some very resolute botanist takes a crack at it, with the Bajoran bartender and ship's counselor.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
^This... once you have the powered artifact head for engineering and talk to the Engineer.. (not operations) They are both listed under "Special ... "

Oh... and the Artifact is acquired from your quarters now.
Your quarters? There's no duty officer assignments there that I can see.

Do you mean the ready room?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post
The thing I'd really like to know about this assignment is what the deal is with it requiring the resolve trait for all of your crew. It doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense, that ninety percent of my engineering staff would have to sit on its hands while some very resolute botanist takes a crack at it, with the Bajoran bartender and ship's counselor.
They need to sell gamma packs to pay the rent.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-24-2012, 07:14 PM
@hanshikudan - very much this...

Alas, is it just me, or are people that had been caught in the Children's Toys bug, still screwed?
I now have the Powered Console, however, the assignment list had not made that final step from 3/4 to 4/4,
which leaves me in a situation where I can choose a mission whose outcome I already have in my inventory...
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-24-2012, 07:28 PM
The 4th step comes from your engineering officer, have you talked to her?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Yup, and all that's being offered is mission 3 for which I don't have the unpowered console anymore.

Edit: Scratch that, at least on one of my toons I can now choose "Fabricate prototype console"...
Will check for my main toon later...