Lt. Commander
# 11
03-24-2012, 08:37 PM
The assignment to go from strange alien artifact > infused alien artifact comes from your science officer, the assignment to go from infused alien artifact > completed console comes from your engineering officer. If you're seeing step 3, you're talking to the wrong person.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-25-2012, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Your quarters? There's no duty officer assignments there that I can see.

Do you mean the ready room?
My ready room IS my quaters... theres even a chair to sleep in.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-25-2012, 04:48 AM
Is there a guide somewhere on how the DOFF missions have changed now that I have to walk around my ship to get some of them?
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Would love to find a good guide myself.

As far as this mission goes, what I have gathered from this thread and the wiki is that the 2nd and 3rd parts come from your on-board sci officer, and the 4th part from the engineering officer.

Can the 1st part be obtained on-board? Or, is it only available in certain sectors? ie. Beta Ursae, Alpha Trianguli, and Zeta Andromedae.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-07-2012, 08:04 PM
I made this guide - http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=263436 - although it fell off the front page

should answer most console making questions
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-07-2012, 10:21 PM
I can't currently assign any of my doffs that I purchased at Starfleet Academy for dilithium. They are in the reserve roster and I can't slot the purple ones for the 'Fabricate Prototype Console from powered alien artifact'
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeAddictMike View Post
I can't currently assign any of my doffs that I purchased at Starfleet Academy for dilithium. They are in the reserve roster and I can't slot the purple ones for the 'Fabricate Prototype Console from powered alien artifact'
Note the requirement for the "Resolve" trait for the "Fabricate Prototype Console" assignment.

All Cardassians, Bajorans and Ferasans have Resolve.

In the pipeline is an update making it occasionally possible to get common species with the Resolve trait from the "Negotiate Prisoner Exchange" assignment. There is also a chance of getting common species with the Resolve trait when doing reassignments (i.e., 5 greens for 1 blue, 5 blues for 1 purple) from the Personnel Officer contacts in the respective Academies.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
There is also a chance of getting common species with the Resolve trait when doing reassignments (i.e., 5 greens for 1 blue, 5 blues for 1 purple) from the Personnel Officer contacts in the respective Academies.

Heretic....I think I love you!! :p
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Note the requirement for the "Resolve" trait for the "Fabricate Prototype Console" assignment.

In the pipeline is an update making it occasionally possible to get common species with the Resolve trait from the "Negotiate Prisoner Exchange" assignment. There is also a chance of getting common species with the Resolve trait when doing reassignments (i.e., 5 greens for 1 blue, 5 blues for 1 purple) from the Personnel Officer contacts in the respective Academies.
Weird, I didn't notice that before. Well that's fraking annoying then because I just wasted dilithium on T4 engineering DOFFs.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-08-2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:

I'm curious to know what you mean by "common species".