Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-24-2012, 05:59 PM
I don't have any of the consoles or toys involved but just thinking, what if you loaded transphasics and indirect-damage powers on to it, salvo some shield-bypassing damage?
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyprodimus
The Ablative Armor Generator is very useful in PvP. You really dont need it in PvE. Still Id rather they nerf it and make it a toggle.
Me too, as it is right now, its not worth the console space..
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-26-2012, 01:28 AM
I can tell you right now that the Intrepid is a BAD ship; especially when you compare it to either the Nebula or the D'kyr.

Its increased turn rate and inertia DO NOT overcome the massive issue of survivability, the Ablative Generator is next to useless as I take LESS damage to my shields (with EPtS and TSS running + the regen) than I do with the Ablative armor engaged.

It can't run EWP, it cant run A2SiF (unless you drop chaining EPtS), it cant run ET (unless you drop chaining EPtS) and if you did decide to run ET and A2SiF together, then god help you, for you will de so fast its not funny.

Another problem is that the best of the Lt. Cmd and Cmd abilities all run the from Deflector Dish (TR / Tach / GW) so the Lt. Cmd slot really is not worth it.

Making the Ablative Generate a toggle, MIGHT help, but what power settings would you run? You dont have energy weapons, you have no shields, so something like 25/25/55/95?

Atleast then, ET1 and A2SiF1, running 2 copies of HE1or2, might be a reasonble trade off. Even at the 90% mitagation of the Ablative Armor you still have less effective HP that running a ship with shields. (My Nebula has a total shield strenght of 116k + 24% reduction from chaining EPtS1)
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post
I can tell you right now that the Intrepid is a BAD ship; especially when you compare it to either the Nebula or the D'kyr.
Agree. If I knew what I know now when I purchased it, I would have spent the C on bag space or a defiant.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-27-2012, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgatag
Agree. If I knew what I know now when I purchased it, I would have spent the C on bag space or a defiant.
Unfortunatly, Defiant is not much better, FE is the best atm, or atleast the MVAM has options.