Lt. Commander
# 1 Odyssey +1 Healboat
03-24-2012, 03:10 PM
So this is what I currently fly:

Odyssey +1 Science Cruiser (+10 shields, +10 aux)

Tactical Bridge Offcer 1: FAW1. APD1
Science Bridge Officer 1: HE1
Science Bridge Officer 2: PH1, TSS2
Engineer Bridge Officer 1: EPtW1, ET2, ET3, ES3
Engineer Bridge Officer 2; EPtE1, AuxtSif1, EPtS3

Now my question is, have any other healboats found much of a difference by replacing the engineer in the uni slot with a science officer that had something along the lines of TS3?

(on a similar note, I've been playing around with console layouts and am on the fence on whether I should stick with the sci odd+1 or switch over to the eng odd+1)
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONHART View Post
So this is what I currently fly:

Odyssey +1 Science Cruiser (+10 shields, +10 aux)

Tactical Bridge Offcer 1: FAW1. APD1
Science Bridge Officer 1: HE1
Science Bridge Officer 2: PH1, TSS2
Engineer Bridge Officer 1: EPtW1, ET2, ET3, ES3
Engineer Bridge Officer 2; EPtE1, AuxtSif1, EPtS3

Now my question is, have any other healboats found much of a difference by replacing the engineer in the uni slot with a science officer that had something along the lines of TS3?

(on a similar note, I've been playing around with console layouts and am on the fence on whether I should stick with the sci odd+1 or switch over to the eng odd+1)
How novel, using a cruiser, like a cruiser :p
I like it. The only thing I would do differently is this -

Com Eng - EP2W1, ET2, ET3, ES3
LtC Uni - EP2S1, EP2S2, Aux2Sif2

I find that the higher level, the better, when talking about your remote heals.

Also, remember the cooldowns on sci heals. HE takes longer than ET or Aux2Sif. Also, TSS doesn't last as long as Extends (but you can throw it around as often and it includes a small burst heal to start), so...

Edit: You could double up on HE and use TSS3, your Aux Power becomes a LOT more important. This setup would require you to drop an ET to maintain your EP2S chain. That makes the PH a burden, so drop it and throw in a Sci team for cleansing and burst shield healing. I believe that would also leave room for a TB1... thinking about it, I can see it working well on an Engineering toon (power levels).
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-24-2012, 03:57 PM
lol well I always tell myself, they're built on a star cruiser chassis ill have to try out those suggestions def brb
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-24-2012, 05:37 PM
To save some typing this is what I have:

http://neraxia.com/oddy_build.png
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-24-2012, 06:38 PM
I really like using the Uni LtC for a Sci BOFF and Uni Ens for an Eng BOFF:
Tac Lt:
BFAW 1, APD 1
Eng Comm:
EptS 1, AuxSIF 1, ET 3, ES 3
Eng Ens:
EptS 1
Sci Ltc:
ST 1, TSS 2, TSS 3
Sci Lt:
HE 1, HE 2

With some Maintenance Engineer DOFFs you have an ET 3 every 15 seconds as if you had two ETs so really all that you sacrifice by taking the Sci LtC is that you have an AuxSIF 1 instead of 2 and no RSP or EptW (usually what would go there) but you gain a TSS 3, a HE 2 and a ST 1, so I'd say the SCI LtC is the way to go.

If you do wish to keep with the Engineering LtC I would recommend dropping the EptS 3 as you should be survivable enough with two EptS 1 and also dropping the EptE 1 as its only effective use is running away something a ship of the Odyssey's size isn't really good at. Then you can have an AuxSIF 2, RSP 1, 2x EptS 1. Also if you can get some Maintenance Engineer DOFFs as I mentioned above you can replace the ET 2 with an EptW 2 for some more damage.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-24-2012, 09:36 PM
great cruiser build. if this layout works for you run with it and dont look back.

have fun kill bad guys

horizon
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAngelis

A doubt after seen this. How important is "Starship Maneuvers" for a Cruiser? (Free-Ody on my case). Has surprised me a bit to see it with 0 points, but to be honest I haven't done any test regarding this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirourm
With some Maintenance Engineer DOFFs you have an ET 3 every 15 seconds as if you had two ETs
Agree with this. Even if you don't find/get/can't afford those Doffs for the full reduction, a couple of blues (18 seconds of cooldown) are still completely worth due the "free" power slot.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-25-2012, 05:05 AM
thanks for the compliment . Lot of suggestions to try out here thanks a ton. I'll see if I cant find that doff, I didnt even think about that cd time for et3. as for running 2 HE, dont they share the same gcd so you cant chain them?

that does look interesting, have you noticed an increase in dps with that layout instead of flyinf 8 beam arrays? ill have to post mine for comparison. lol I just noticed those expendeable devices, im always too lazy to restock and never fly with them, guess I gotta break that bad habit and stock up lol
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
that does look interesting, have you noticed an increase in dps with that layout instead of flyinf 8 beam arrays? ill have to post mine for comparison. lol I just noticed those expendeable devices, im always too lazy to restock and never fly with them, guess I gotta break that bad habit and stock up lol
I'd say that 8 beams are the way to go, the Oddy just has too slow a turnrate to justify using that DBB or Torpedo and with the amount of BFAW around I don't think the tricobalt mine would be terribly effective either.

With that in mind I'd also use 2 Phaser Relay consoles and due to the diminishing return on Armor consoles switch at least two of those out for EPS Flow Regulators which will help a lot with the power drain of firing 8 beams, though as I understand it they only effect the power drain when BFAW is active.

Steve is right about batteries and though he isn't specced into the Batteries skill I would advise it as they double the length of effect for the battery power boost. I always keep around Weapons batteries for some extra DPS and also Aux Batteries for some high Aux heals when using AuxSIF, HE, or TSS. A shield battery can also be useful under heavy fire.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAngelis

i remember dog fighting you in pvp in my defiant. was kinda easy and i know why now. you do know ur defence kinda sucks right? i mean i know your a tank but even with full power in engines and impulse with ageis im getting 62%. with out impulse i was in the 50's. i dont have elusive as a trait. tho i could count my win due to getting help on my build. yeah need eps console with using beam over load 3. still dont understand why......but now my dps never lacks. also the all 9 in sheild power im sure the last 3 points equal 1 extra sheild power point. least thats what im told by a fleet mate that tested it on tribble. same goes for wep power.