Lt. Commander
# 11
04-24-2012, 04:36 PM
The Aux shutoff was working in the new Vault Event. Since it has damage and repel, Particle Generators and Graviton Emitters should affect those stats, respectively. But I haven't tested it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-24-2012, 06:19 PM
The only useful thing about the Maco set is the shield array. Stick with Omega engines and deflector.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
The Aux shutoff was working in the new Vault Event. Since it has damage and repel, Particle Generators and Graviton Emitters should affect those stats, respectively. But I haven't tested it.
Hmm seems the Aux Shut off doesn't work on Borg only than. Which makes even less sense.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by data181 View Post
Graviton Beam is a very disapointing skill with the maco set.
Have been using it as an auxiliary '9th weapon' on my assault cruiser and I agree that it's more or less there for pretty fireworks.

Normal ship weapons do far more damage even with AUX power to max, and the repulsion effect? Erm. Tractor beam repulsors ftw.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Have been using it as an auxiliary '9th weapon' on my assault cruiser and I agree that it's more or less there for pretty fireworks.

Normal ship weapons do far more damage even with AUX power to max, and the repulsion effect? Erm. Tractor beam repulsors ftw.
Set Powers aren't meant to be up there with Boff Powers. They're meant as an additional power that easy to squeeze in, so you don't have to strain your Boffs.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-25-2012, 06:39 AM
Heavy Graviton Beam fails at being a bonus compared to.

3P Jem'Hadar: Frontal AOE that damages Shields and disables cloak in 6k range.
Feeling, Quite nice. Good Shield damage multiple targets, 2m cooldown.

3P Omega: 50% reduction in DPS and stops the target from turning.
Feeling, Awesome when timed right. Increases entire teams damage, stops the target spinning to face you. 2m cooldown.

3P KHG: 15s Mask Energy Field (cloaking)
Feeling, Kinda lame but better than Graviton Beam, maybe better for Carriers. 2m cooldown.

3P Breen: Energy Siphon
Feeling, pretty weak still better than the Graviton Beam. 2m Cooldown

4p Borg: Tractor Beam with Energy Siphon
Feeling, possibly the only one worse than the Grav beam because it's a 4m cooldown for a lame ability. Might be better if you have Tractor Beam Doffs to drain shields, but at that point you'd have 2 Tractor Beams already.

3P MACO: A Beam that at full Aux doesn't do more damage than a Quantum Torpedo, shuts down Aux for a few seconds and knocks them back slightly.
Feeling, 3m cooldown for what is a Torpedo in Beam form, with a few bonuses, that don't really help.

When the Omega and JH sets have good bonuses and the MACO has one of the weakest it certainly feels unbalanced. I don't think the Aegis has a bonus power.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Set Powers aren't meant to be up there with Boff Powers. They're meant as an additional power that easy to squeeze in, so you don't have to strain your Boffs.
They still shouldn't suck so bad that they are almost entirely ignored by the playerbase.

The Omega set's Gravitic Anchor is right about where a 3rd set bonus power should be, the MACO one is pretty terrible and is never recommended when you could instead have 2 Piece Omega + MACO shield for Tet Glider or 2-3 piece Borg + MACO shield for the heal procs.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-25-2012, 10:34 PM
Quote:

Then we see yet another failure of design.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Moloch View Post
Then we see yet another failure of design.
Its not a failure of design. There is a thing known as power creep, and every game developer wants to avoid it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-26-2012, 11:23 PM
I agree with Power Creep being bad, Look at WoW, your bad arse final raid gear is beaten by blues and greens next expansion to balance it out.

But all most people want is for the Graviton Beam to be worth equipping. Out of the Omega, KHG and MACO it's the worst. It's worse than the Jem'Hadar set too. And probably worse than the Breen.

I'm not talking a damage increase, just make the thing useful.

I'd settle for it being an agro magnet on a 30s cooldown, no damage just annoying to NPC's.