Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
I had a thought about the Intrepid Retrofit...it has a console similar to the Enhanced Battle Cloak save for the fact that instead of cloaking you otu and allowing you to fire torpedo's, it coats you in nigh impenetrable armor and only allows you to fire torpedoes.

How would a Torpedo Boat setup work with this ship?

I've even thought of getting the Refit Intrepid and putting the Photonic Shockwave Torpedo onto the Retrofit. I'm just curious on how good of an idea this is?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-24-2012, 12:26 PM
I tried to make the Intrepid and the DSRV (<-- the 3 nacell sci ship) a artillery support ship...

Worst PvP and PvE expirience ever.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Note the title did say "A silly idea". I had a hunch it wouldn't work as well as I imagined it would.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91
Note the title did say "A silly idea". I had a hunch it wouldn't work as well as I imagined it would.
Well... It seemed like a good idea to me...
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-24-2012, 12:39 PM
I don't know what to do with such a ship then. Once the armor goes up, if I go with a normal setup, I lose a majority of my firepower.

Only thing I can think of is to put the armor up and max out auxiliary power so I can maximize science abilities while taking hits to the chin.

My other question is: how effective is the Intrepid Retrofits Armor Generators?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Honestly I think the Intrepid retrofit should change it's ensign bridge officer slot to a tactical or engineering slot. I don't need 3 science officers. That's the only change I'd make to it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-24-2012, 02:21 PM
I took the armor off my intrepid. It is a waste of a slot. All it is good for is using right before you die so that you can heal yourself with your science powers, which makes it moderately useful in PvP but not very useful in STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
I took the armor off my intrepid. It is a waste of a slot. All it is good for is using right before you die so that you can heal yourself with your science powers, which makes it moderately useful in PvP but not very useful in STFs.
So would you replace it with the Photonic Shockwave Torpedo console of the Intrepid Refit? I think it would be awesome to hit someone on a down shield and disable other nearby enemies as well.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-24-2012, 02:44 PM
The Ablative Armor Generator is very useful in PvP. You really dont need it in PvE. Still Id rather they nerf it and make it a toggle.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-24-2012, 04:08 PM
In PVE I see the Armor for blocking say Donatra's Torpedo spread or the High Yields spam of a Romulan Warbird, if you didn't use FAW to stop it.

As for the Artillery concept, it doesn't work because game mechanics say engagement range is 10k. If your Torpedos where 15k it could work.

Cube ~ 5k to 7.5k Fleet ~ 10k to 15k Support and Long Range Torpedos

And I specifically mean new Long Range Torpedos 15k, they are more powerful the longer they fly, but that becomes super unbalancing when you remember the B'rel Retrofit can fire while cloaked.

Maybe make it a Console for Science ships only. But that would mean both a new Sci ship for both Feds and Klingons.