Lt. Commander
# 1 2 years later
03-25-2012, 01:50 AM
i just did the Cage of Fire mission and still you guess what it is still bug it reminded me why i skip it ........ yet they can puss Cstore item after cstore item but cant fix a bug that has been here more or less from day one is it really that hand to make invisible walls so my bridge officer dont umm fall in the pit????
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2012, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
i just did the Cage of Fire mission and still you guess what it is still bug it reminded me why i skip it ........ yet they can puss Cstore item after cstore item but cant fix a bug that has been here more or less from day one is it really that hand to make invisible walls so my bridge officer dont umm fall in the pit????
Mission aside, you should see the Ship Model Error thread.
Items already being sold in the C-Store that have errors, damaged/missing textures, missing details etcetra, that has been stagnating largely for two years since their initial releases.

The majority if the issues listed in the list could be fixed up, compiled and patched into the game within a week of dedicated work, and just be done with it. A copy and pasted object here, a small shift of a Normal on the UV map there.

But they keep toadying that it's very low priority... and then they pop out another new ship into the C-Store.
One week to fix most existing ships issues asked for repair for years that are being sold in the C-Store. <- low priority.
A couple of months to rough out a single new ship, map it, script it, test it, release it to the C-Store. <- high priority

*sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2012, 04:35 AM
cute avatar Chiberry
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2012, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
cute avatar Chiberry
thankies~

It still blows me away that Cage is still bugged after all this time... But then add an asteroid you can play bouncy-birthday-castle on for the new space suit gimmick.
I just... wow.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2012, 04:44 AM
I really wish they'd fix the npc pathing in this game. One day people will just say "F STO" when they have had enough of the broken crap and excuses.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2012, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiberry
thankies~

It still blows me away that Cage is still bugged after all this time... But then add an asteroid you can play bouncy-birthday-castle on for the new space suit gimmick.
I just... wow.
i do agree 2 years and still bug i think they need to get there priorities in order who wants to play misson that they make that are bug as i said i remember why i skip this miss a year and a half ago

and ive said about that asteroid mission they should have let us do that from are bridge for something that is still really to this day still nothing more then a met and greet place take a look at this for example

By the 24th century, Federation starships like the Intrepid-class were often autonomous enough to extract materials they needed themselves. Nonetheless, mining continued to be important for the Federation. Amongst the diplomatic training scenarios on the USS Voyager was a mining dispute. (VOY: "Q2")

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Mining

even if i had to i would have got in my intrepid to go do some real Mining and way ppl talk about that mission its not even worth the time
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Yea the AI pathing in that mission is terrible

I've done it a few times since STO came out and I always end up having to leave 1 or more Bridge officers behind, because they either fall into the fires, or can't cross the metal bridges.

Maybe we'll get a Cstore item for improve pathing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-25-2012, 09:27 AM
The Cage was actually fixed for a bit, until the code upgrade in Season 4. That upgrade managed to screw up a lot of things. Even the Foundry was down for a while after that. Since that code update many of the Missions, especially Exploration Missions, have had pathing issues all over again.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiberry
Mission aside, you should see the Ship Model Error thread.
Items already being sold in the C-Store that have errors, damaged/missing textures, missing details etcetra, that has been stagnating largely for two years since their initial releases.

The majority if the issues listed in the list could be fixed up, compiled and patched into the game within a week of dedicated work, and just be done with it. A copy and pasted object here, a small shift of a Normal on the UV map there.

But they keep toadying that it's very low priority... and then they pop out another new ship into the C-Store.
One week to fix most existing ships issues asked for repair for years that are being sold in the C-Store. <- low priority.
A couple of months to rough out a single new ship, map it, script it, test it, release it to the C-Store. <- high priority

*sigh*
TL;DR version: greed and indifference.