Lt. Commander
Here is the Engineering Power Console table from Stowiki. http://www.stowiki.org/Engineering_Consoles

Minimum Rank Mk Common Uncommon Rare Very Rare

RA Lower Half / BG Mk IX +2.5 +2.8 +3 +3.2
RA Lower Half / BG Mk X +2.8 +3 +3.2 +3.5
RA Upper Half / MG Mk XI +3.2 +3.2 +3.5 -
RA Upper Half / MG Mk XII +3.5 +3.5 - -

Unlike weapons, shields, etc there does not seem to be any attributes intrinsic to quality. When I look at the details for consoles in game the descriptions are the same regardless of level or quality. Yet, clearly the exchange puts a premium on purple. Is there difference between Mk XI rare +3.5 and Mk XII common +3.5.

I await your Borg wisdom.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2012, 01:47 AM
The only difference is one is much harder to get then the other hence the price. The effect on the ship is the same.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2012, 02:50 AM
Anyone who has played an STF with a common console, and then jumped to a Rare console will tell you that yea: There is a significant diffrence.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Anyone who has played an STF with a common console, and then jumped to a Rare console will tell you that yea: There is a significant diffrence.
No there isn't for the question he asked. A 3.5 buff is the same no matter the console. How can you say there is a significant diffrence?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2012, 08:19 PM
I know a lot of things are assumed around but then there are many players who spend hours doing controlled experiments on tribble. That said I would not presume to know what are the undocumented differences in these consoles. With Dilitum at a premium and STF drops are like getting hit by lighting I want spend the EC efficiently as possible.