Lt. Commander
# 11
03-27-2012, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarek2165
My power levels never dip below 100 (when running weapons), so I can lay down a continuous stream of firepower. Unless they've now made it to do that automatically, my EPS conduits are what's funneling that energy.
Uh, that's exactly what they did when they made changes to how EPS consoles work. EPS consoles only regulate the power transfer rate. This change was made ages ago.

Quote:
As for the Direct Energy Distribution manifolds, I've always been told to get weapon specific consoles, as they give more boost than generic consoles.
So let's say you have a blue Mk XI Phaser Console and a blue Mk XI Polaron Console.

Those are +24 to Phasers. +24 to Polarons. While the console I linked at the same rank/tier is +18.

Here's the math:

24 > 18.

BUT ...

18 + 18 = 36.

36 > 24
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-27-2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyprodimus
What are your opinions on beam boat weapons? This is for a healer cruiser. So I want to be as offensively useful as possible without high weapons power.

Im thinking either Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid or Polarized Tetryon.
1) Run 2x EPtW I and 2x EPtS III
2) Keybind that and shield balance to space
3) Fill out the rest as healboat
4)???
5) Profit.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-27-2012, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Uh, that's exactly what they did when they made changes to how EPS consoles work. EPS consoles only regulate the power transfer rate. This change was made ages ago.

So let's say you have a blue Mk XI Phaser Console and a blue Mk XI Polaron Console.

Those are +24 to Phasers. +24 to Polarons. While the console I linked at the same rank/tier is +18.

Here's the math:

24 > 18.

BUT ...

18 + 18 = 36.

36 > 24
When do diminishing returns kick in with those consoles...at 3? but yeah if you are using ONE damage type, you use the energy specific ones. If you are mixing, you don't. Don't mix though. I'm pretty sure the energy specific ones affect the hybrids too.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-27-2012, 06:23 AM
Quote:
You can still effectively use torps in a Beam boat if you're flying a cruiser. Most beam boats run 6 beam arrays and 2 torps. (1 fore, 1 aft).
I object to your use of the term 'most.' Most I have SEEN use 8 beams or 7 beams and a DBB fore.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-27-2012, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
OK perhaps I wasn't clear, Torpedoes will hit hard with low weapons power, the issue is getting things into arc. With Beams and low power your going to be doing next to nothing DPS wise, but you'll be able to hit things almost anywhere.

I am leaving the choice to you.
As he said, the choice is made. Beam boat. You came in and made a suggestion to use torps. I retort: BEAM BOAT.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-27-2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyprodimus
Yeah, at lower weapons power its a given that you do less damage. But Im more concerned with watching health bars than maneuvering for torpedoes.

Im just looking for the most useful proc for a beam boat with low power.

Definately not antiproton.
Maybe disruptors to spread debuffs
or tetryon to drain shields
or phasers in hopes of a shield drop
probably not polaron
and plasma is underpowered
I say go with tetryon.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-27-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes01101 View Post
When do diminishing returns kick in with those consoles...at 3?
3 or 4. It's been awhile. But this guy's using only 2 slots. So I'm pretty sure my math holds up. Even if he did expand to 3 though it would still be stronger than the 24 of his energy specific type.

My methods might be 2 years or so old, but so far they still hold up to scrutiny.

And with all of the tubs people are flying these days (Odysseys for instance) I have a hard time recommending DBBs based on their firing arc.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes01101 View Post
I say go with tetryon.
Thanks for the reply. Would you mind elaborating. Im leaning towards tetryon too. Combining it with the Omega set bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
You can still effectively use torps in a Beam boat if you're flying a cruiser. Most beam boats run 6 beam arrays and 2 torps. (1 fore, 1 aft).
That's not a beam boat.

A beam boat is all beams.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Quote:

Here's the math:

24 > 18.

BUT ...

18 + 18 = 36.

36 > 24
So the other weapons consoles don't stack? I have two +26 phaser relays. That would be +52 if they do stack, and 52 > 36.