Starfleet Veteran
# 1 CGI TV Show
10-19-2012, 03:14 AM
I think STO should do a CGI tv show, based around people in STO, for example Admiral Quinn etc. Either a weekly show following the sto story line from the start, or a couple of mini shows bases around the sto episodes, like having the 2800 as a 5 part mini show

what do you guys think?
Career Officer
# 2
10-19-2012, 06:41 AM
I think that's a terrible idea.
Reave
Rihannsu
# 3
10-19-2012, 06:47 AM
If the writing is anything like Reboot. I'm in.
Lieutenant
# 4
10-19-2012, 07:07 AM
im not sure, i still however like the live action shows, but willing to watch and see how it would do though.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
10-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
If the writing is anything like Reboot. I'm in.
Game over, the user wins.
*Megabyte laughs maniaclly in the next scene*

Oh crud, did I show my age?
Formerly: Ally_of_the_Force/Now: A Ticked Off Customer
Member Since 10-2009/Murdered 6-2012
4 Year Veteran, Beta Tester 
NO TO ARC!!!
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
10-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Idk if it would work. If it was like sto we would have 2 months worth of good episodes them no new ones for years! The Klingons would never get a great story on the show. Plus after a few years it would go ppv & have viewers make there own episodes for it

I'm sorry I just had too! I really love the game!
Captain
# 7
10-19-2012, 11:38 AM
What if they were to produce a series of surrounding the crew of the Enterprise-F. Each episode could be a C-store unlock. It would present itself like cutscenes in the game environment. The fully-voiced characters would go through the mission like we would. At the end of the episode, there could be a Dilithium Ore payout. The episode cannot be skipped once started. Doing so would cancel the reward payout until the episode is watched in its entirety. The reward payout would also include the unlocking of the mission as repeatable and playable for standard mission loot.

In the interest of fairness to the KDF, each episode would also feature story content for the KDF flagship and its crew. Technically, the episodes could take place and involve any official characters. This would allow for actors like Michael Dorn, if he is interested, to reprise his role as Worf, for plotlines taking place on the the Klingon Homeworld.

There has been talk about the possibility that open war between the Empire and the Federation may end. I only see that happening if J'mpok is removed as chancelor. Perhaps it is time for Drex, son of Martok, to challenge him. Worf could become Drex's military advisor. He'd be like General Chang was to Chancellor Gorkon. An important and revered general. It would be interesting to see it play out.

Just a thought.

When subsequent episodes are released, previous episodes could come available in video form through CBS's online content, with an ad saying that people can see new episodes first live in-game.

Until CBS produces another TV series, STO is the closest thing we have to current Star Trek canon. So this could be something pretty darned cool if produced and delivered right.
I'm not really a John Galt,
but I play one on the forums...
Captain
# 8
10-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Ragnarok got a animated series. Why not?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 9
10-19-2012, 02:10 PM
From past experience CGI looks HIDEOUS.
...speaking from kids shows i watched in the past being 'remade' *cough* -butchered- for the new generation of young-uns to watch.

(me speaking generally) Give me the original over CGI anyday

Rather, go for nice anime style.. then maybe i'd be more intrersted
Empire Veteran
# 10
10-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Lockboxes don't translate we'll on screen