Lt. Commander
# 21
03-27-2012, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbon1182 View Post
Or why not have the Enterprise B bridge. Just remove those extra chairs.
http://www.utopiaplanitia.info/inter...01bbridge2.jpg
That picture is just awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 22 My ideal bridge layout
03-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Consoles would be split into two functions. The lower console would contain all buttons. The upper console would be solely for displays. This would allow for everyone to sit in a chair - No standing on the bridge during red alerts! Chairs are mounted into rails that slide only forwards a few feet, and back to get out of the chair. All bridge chairs would have seat-belts. And the bridge itself would have a mandatory duranium roll cage to prevent parts from falling down. (Or - here's a thought - shut off gravity during red alerts!)

Also, during Red Alerts, each position wears a mask, and the oxygen in the bridge is replaced with non-flammable gas.

Instead of a viewscreen, a holotank that would allow for 3d representation of the sensor scans, with helmsman and weapons officers on either side looking in, similar to what you see at ESD and other places with ship plans.

The computer would auto-greenscreen a Federation fleet logo background to the captain's head whenever talking with aliens.
Ensign
# 23 Next Gen Movie Bridge
10-22-2012, 12:49 AM
The Bridge of the Enterprise E or the Bridge of the Enterprise - A from Undiscovered country, those were the best 2 bridges.
Captain
# 24
10-22-2012, 01:43 AM
I'm fine with the Belfast bridge too, but I do wish I could add the Chief of Ops' fuzzy dice which hangs from the OpsConn seat. (in my ship's fluff that is)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.