Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-25-2012, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc_foxtrot View Post
Could turn around and sell it again, make some money off your acquisition.
Right now I am stuck 50/50 on if I should resell it, or use it.

For now I will just hold onto it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-25-2012, 10:57 PM
The cruiser's turn feels like an escort. Dunno if you want to try turning it into an escort/cruiser hybrid.
The biggest turn off is I find the hull design (canon) a bit rough. Yes I opened one out of curiosity. Only open it if you have a definite plan on its specs / want to collect it. It does not come with anything spectacularly out of the ordinary.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Hold a contest here on the forum for people to make their case, to you, on why they should get it, and the person who does so best, wins.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-25-2012, 11:20 PM
It's a fairly nice ship. A definite cruiser/escort hybrid type of thing. or at least really easy to achieve.
All I can say ... I got lucky, opened a box and there it was. Unpacked it before i could overthink it and have not regretted the decision at all. I rather enjoy having it in my Tac Officer's personal ship docks.
And it's fun to run around in,

Some people hate the shape/design.
I actually think it's nice to see something besides Starfleet and KDF ships playable. And I like the look of the Cardasian Fish Ships.

I say make an alien officer design it as a Cardassian and give them the ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-25-2012, 11:44 PM
All I can say is that you have time to think it over .
Look up the Galor spec's here .

See if it's something that you're interested it -- as it can make a decent Engineer ship , and an ok Tac ship , but due to only two Sci console slots , I'm not sure if it's a good Sci ship .
Players have already pointed out it's weakness -- a weaker hull than most cruisers , yet it's also more maneuverable than most cruisers .

And in the end ask yourself why you got it ?
Impulse buy ? Something more ? Something less ?
Do you even identify with the Cardassians on some level ? Are you a ship collector ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-26-2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
All I can say is that you have time to think it over .
Look up the Galor spec's here .

See if it's something that you're interested it -- as it can make a decent Engineer ship , and an ok Tac ship , but due to only two Sci console slots , I'm not sure if it's a good Sci ship .
Players have already pointed out it's weakness -- a weaker hull than most cruisers , yet it's also more maneuverable than most cruisers .

And in the end ask yourself why you got it ?
Impulse buy ? Something more ? Something less ?
Do you even identify with the Cardassians on some level ? Are you a ship collector ?
Certainly not an impulse buy. My thinking all along was as an investment that would also provide a choice if I came to a definate decision.

This was my thinking.

I'm just a returning F2P player. I used to be a subscriber when the game launched.

I have no CP store ships at all and so I have no P2W consoles either. Actually I have one cross faction console opened and 4 more of them unopened that I bought cheap as an investment.

I have 3 alts. Two from when the game launched. A KDF Sci (Carrier Pilot) and a Fed TAC and then the FED Engineer I have been playing since I returned. All top rank of course except for my two older alts who were top rank when I quit playing but they added a new rank.

I have nearly 2000 CP saved up, so I could afford to buy a couple of P2W consoles to put on a Galor.

I have one free respec each I can use on all of my three alts.

I can resell my Galor for a profit and buy one of the C-Store Ships, or I can use my Galor and buy a couple of P2W consoles for it.

I figured the Galor was as close as I was going to get to a C Store quality ship without spending CP, so I wanted to lock in that option as long as I could get the Galor for a decent price. Having a 130 million Electronic credits made it a viable option.

The decision on if I will open it cannot be made til I decide exactly what profession I want to use it with and what layout I would use in both equipment and Boff powers as well as how I would respec my Alt to take advantage of it.

All of this with an eye toward PvP.

Thankfully I am not impatient and have no trouble fighting the urge to open it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-26-2012, 12:12 AM
Given that price of the bug ships doubled a few months after they became available and given thatmore lockbox ships are on the way...

I'd suggest sitting on it a few months to make sure you don't want to sell/trade it for the next lockbox ship.

In the meantime, level up a custom alien Cardassian alt. I'd like to get an all Cardie fleet going Fed-side. It's that much sweeter with the ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Trash it.

Right Click -> Discard
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
I have nearly 2000 CP saved up, so I could afford to buy a couple of P2W consoles to put on a Galor.
Most consoles (all consoles IMHO) are not P2W .
They can enhance PVP to a certain extent , but none are an "I WIN" button .


Quote:
I can resell my Galor for a profit and buy one of the C-Store Ships
This is where you lost me a bit .
How exactly are you going to turn EC into Dilithium or CP ?


Quote:
The decision on if I will open it cannot be made til I decide exactly what profession I want to use it with and what layout I would use in both equipment and Boff powers as well as how I would respec my Alt to take advantage of it.

All of this with an eye toward PvP.
As to tinkering with layouts , I've often found that only practical trials let me know what "works" for me .
Again this could just be me , but planning only took me so far ... , and even practices/layouts that were recommended to me by experienced players were sometimes rejected after implementation .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-26-2012, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
Most consoles (all consoles IMHO) are not P2W .
They can enhance PVP to a certain extent , but none are an "I WIN" button .
Fair enough, but that has become the generalization for them.




Quote:
This is where you lost me a bit .
How exactly are you going to turn EC into Dilithium or CP ?
Well if I open the Galor and buy the consoles with my CP I won't be able to afford a C Store ship. If I resell the Galor then instead of spending the CP to get consoles for the Galor I would be using the CP for the ship I would pilot.




Quote:

As to tinkering with layouts , I've often found that only practical trials let me know what "works" for me .
Again this could just be me , but planning only took me so far ... , and even practices/layouts that were recommended to me by experienced players were sometimes rejected after implementation .
I can relate to that, but I will have to make do with what sounds right to me based on my experience.

At least I have played all three professions and have a pretty good handle on things and know where to look for things I don't know.

After I make my decision I will have to live with it and make the best of it. Until then I would enjoy discussing my options and listening to ideas.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:15 AM.