Lt. Commander
# 41
03-26-2012, 07:25 AM
I faced the same question. I wanted one, so I opened it and am enjoying it immensely.
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-26-2012, 07:48 AM
Raffle it and price the tickets at 10m each.
Put in the "small print" of the raffle that it will only be drawn if you have 15 people or more enter.
Profit.
Donate some of said profit to some "deserving" new player you see in zone chat somewhere just to make their day.

Just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-26-2012, 08:02 AM
I'll take it... I want more of the beams for my ship, my OCD needs the beams that I have on it to match... the fact that I fire 4 Spiral Waves and then two regular disruptors is killing me... so if you really dont want it, and want to help a guy out, I'll take it....
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-26-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
That really does not work too well.

Anything valuable is usually monitored by certain people who play the market and stake out particular items as a niche. Odds are they would grab it before a regular noob ever got a chance at it.

Usually. There is the occasional little guy that nabs my items, though. And that is good enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Anybody who would BUY EC's for this game with cash, is either a fool or an idiot...

Getting EC's in this game is like getting a drink by standing in front of a Tsunami, with yer mouth open.

Someone who did that would be a fool, too. You don't drink salt water when you're thirsty.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-31-2012, 06:15 AM
OMG !!! Now I have TWO Galor's.

What will I do now?

Thats right!!! Now I have two of them.

I lucked out and got me an Mk-XII very rare Field Generator from a Doff mission and someone made a trade with me. I had to throw in 20 million credits, but I had no problem with that.

Eat your heart out...
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-31-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
OMG !!! Now I have TWO Galor's.

What will I do now?

Thats right!!! Now I have two of them.

I lucked out and got me an Mk-XII very rare Field Generator from a Doff mission and someone made a trade with me. I had to throw in 20 million credits, but I had no problem with that.

Eat your heart out...
ehh.. I got three purely by the luck of the draw... (all green boxes from the Exchange)

But, congratz.
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
ehh.. I got three purely by the luck of the draw... (all green boxes from the Exchange)

But, congratz.
The cool thing about this development is I paid 80 million for the first one. Now I can sell it for 100 million maybe and have the other one basically free.

I got unlucky with the 6 gold boxes I opened and I was no way going to spend a crazy fortune gambling.

Its kind of silly when you think about how crazy so many people got over the boxes and was crying about how unfair it was they were not able to get a Galor, but in the end it turns they were not that hard to get after all and the simple fact is you did not have to spend any real cash to get one.

I admit it was not extremely easy, but if you put your mind to it the simple truth is it was and still is doable.

Its not that terribly hard to make 100 million credits if you put your mind to it.