Lt. Commander
# 1 Bug: Carrier pets invincible?
03-30-2012, 05:53 AM
I havn't played STO for quite a while, but today I logged on and did some PvP.
In one match we were up against a team that had a Carrier.
During a moment with no squishy targets around I figured ill just blow up his pets.
But nope. They all stopped taking damage at 0% and wouldn't blow up.
Is this a new bug I havn't heard about yet?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-30-2012, 06:34 AM
All the pets I saw in the Ker'rat and several CnHs I played yesterday seemed to die as quickly as any other pet. SO i can not say, though one player in the CnH was complaining of the Cheeating carrier who exploited his pets becuase he used them and claimed to have come across at least one that he said would not die.

I was healing everything in range that would stay in range and with all teh pets there was a good bit of lag, it may have also been that. Lag between the pet reaching 0% and actually dying.

Who knows? If its a bug it will hit the forums soon enough and the feds will cry to get the Devs attention to it faster than one can cry "Carrier pets are an exploit", I imagine.

Still, I personaly have not seen it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-30-2012, 07:05 AM
I know that in several matches pets were dropping to 0 hull but they remained dead in space. Many pets, especially Tachyon Drones and Marauding Force, we're just flying around without doing their thing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-30-2012, 07:52 AM
There is definitely a bug. It's aggravating in the 40-50 range especially since carriers can put out 15 of these suckers. It's borked FAW when taking out fighters because they will drop to 0% and keep flying drawing fire the whole time. Then once they leave combat they can heal and return. I've shot down fighters they move off a few seconds on fire, then come back with 3% health and a brand new torpedoe.

Having swarms of fighters that waste your mines, clutter your screen, and frustrate targeting is getting old. Launch-able birds of prey also do this.

Devs fix your frakkin ships.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-30-2012, 07:59 AM
I had some fleetmates complaining about this on vent last night. Fighters with God-mode.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-30-2012, 08:19 AM
Some appear to do nothing... others keep shooting away. Others don't despawn when you spawn more... Siphen pods keep spawning after the 2 allowed... the old ones appear too stop working. They are still killable however.

Lets hope the fix for this doesn't break faw again. lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I know that in several matches pets were dropping to 0 hull but they remained dead in space. Many pets, especially Tachyon Drones and Marauding Force, we're just flying around without doing their thing.
See, if you had not been shooting at me I would have seen it. :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-31-2012, 06:45 AM
This bug is a bit funny. Played several matches and I blew up plenty of fighters.
Then suddenly I get into a match where none of them ever die again.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post
I havn't played STO for quite a while, but today I logged on and did some PvP.
In one match we were up against a team that had a Carrier.
During a moment with no squishy targets around I figured ill just blow up his pets.
But nope. They all stopped taking damage at 0% and wouldn't blow up.
Is this a new bug I havn't heard about yet?

I had this happen this morning. Actually one was in a tractor beam and I blasted it at point blank range. It went to zero health but would not die. It was a ToDuj fighter from a Karfi. It was on a capture and hold map.

I love carriers. I fly a Voquv on my sci klink an i am not one of these moaning cry babies that cry every time I get kanked. The fighters can't catch me any way, lol

It could be an isolated event. I will report back what I find today.

I am tired of fixes though. Yesterday My bops would just site there half the time. I played with some of the other commands some. typically i just hit attack. After that they started acting like fed pilots. "OH, i dont know what to do, should we shoot them?" lol Personally i preferred the old bops that would shoot every thing in sight. At least they and sometimes I dies with Honor. These new inteligent Bops are a stain on the Honor of the Entire empire.

But seriously Cryptic, stop fixing things. I have to change my build every week because you have changed something. Its BS. I dont care what is balanced or not. We will learn to deal with it if you give us the time to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-01-2012, 08:34 AM
I was doing Cure Space Elite yesterday and one of the team was flying a carrier.

After we completed the mission; by accident I clicked on one of his pets that was buzzing arround him and it was at zero hull.

I hit it with a Hazard and it healed.

Pretty sure it was a ToDuj fighter from a Karfi.