Lt. Commander
# 1 Bortasqu' wish list
03-26-2012, 04:02 AM
I do like the Bortasqu', however ... there are a few niggling things I think need to be addressed.
Sorry if these have been done before, however;

1. Commander BOFF slot to be the class associated with the ship (class) and not all Engineer. It seems pointless having a TAC ship where you cannot use your greatest abilities, same as a SCI officer.

2. Command Cruiser (SCI) has no Sub-System Targeting abilities, making it the same as the War Cruiser (except for the console slots). Sub-system targeting is part of the meat and potatoes of debuffing.

3. Console slots re-worked;
WAR=5xEng, 2xSci, 3xTac
TAC=3xEng, 2xSci, 5xTac
COM=3xEng, 5xSci, 2xtac

4. Removal of weapon penalty off Disruptor Autocannon console - replacing it with a large energy drain such as the Phaser lance on the Dreadnought Cruiser or a sub-system drain or a small % chance of a subsystem disabling for a (5) second period.

Thank you for considering this
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-27-2012, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeKiwi
I do like the Bortasqu', however ... there are a few niggling things I think need to be addressed.
Sorry if these have been done before, however;

1. Commander BOFF slot to be the class associated with the ship (class) and not all Engineer. It seems pointless having a TAC ship where you cannot use your greatest abilities, same as a SCI officer.

2. Command Cruiser (SCI) has no Sub-System Targeting abilities, making it the same as the War Cruiser (except for the console slots). Sub-system targeting is part of the meat and potatoes of debuffing.

3. Console slots re-worked;
WAR=5xEng, 2xSci, 3xTac
TAC=3xEng, 2xSci, 5xTac
COM=3xEng, 5xSci, 2xtac

4. Removal of weapon penalty off Disruptor Autocannon console - replacing it with a large energy drain such as the Phaser lance on the Dreadnought Cruiser or a sub-system drain or a small % chance of a subsystem disabling for a (5) second period.

Thank you for considering this
#1. Nope sorry it's still primarily a Cruiser.
#2. Nope sorry it's still not a Science ship but infact a Cruiser.
#3 Yeah I agree we really got boned on Console layouts.
#4 I don't have enough information to comment on this one.

The Odyssey and Bortasqu are Cruisers, they have a slight hint of Tactical or Science Flavour but they are big crunchy cruisers. They will never give you a Commander slot that is not an Engineer on a Cruiser, they will never make a Universal BOFF layout on a Cruiser and I hope they don't do it on anything but the BOP to be honest. These Flagships are designed primarily as Cruisers sure they are a bit more flexible than the others but saying it's a Sci variant doesn't make it a Science ship anymore than the Star Cruiser is.

Look at the Carrier, it's a Science ship it would be better described as a Sci/Tac/Eng Hybrid that the Feds would love to be able to field. it's the only ship in the game with a Commander and 2 Lt.com stations.

And if the Developers are reading this how about a proper Klingon Science Vessel, I realise we'd be getting a Lt.com level Tac slot and a Comm, Lt and Ens Sci slots.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-27-2012, 09:57 AM
Frankly, I love my tactical bortasqu. It's the only cruiser I've ever really ENJOYED.

5 tac consoles give it an edge over EVERY OTHER SHIP in the game. Sure, it's primarily useful in STFs since in PvP you really have to go beam boat, but it's one heck of a beam boat.

And the universal LtC means I can flip between a more offensive or more defensive (or tricksy, or...) build with a simple officer switch.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Question if u have the Bortasqu pack can u have multiple special consoles of the same kind?

I mean if u put the set consoles on 1 Bortasqu then discharge ur other Bortasqu can u claim the other bortasqu and gain their specific console again hence now u have two of them?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-28-2012, 04:07 AM
I don't like the bortasq for one reason: the bop.
You are alot better off with even one voq bop.
Why? Because both ships will die at the same time but the voq bop repawns a lot faster and somewhat responds to commands.
with the t5 bop you have to wait.
At the end of the day I wish both fed and kdf ships made it a hanger bay.
The fed version is still the better ship they have but I don't feel that way for the kdf at all.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-28-2012, 10:28 AM
I'm finding the only special console I'm using is autocannon, and that only in STFs (where I don't have to worry so much about getting a bead on enemies).

I'm kicking myself for getting the 3-pack. Ah well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-28-2012, 12:11 PM
love this shiip! Bortasqu

Snare, and Subspace jump (added this) work wonders to move around (and surprise many people), disruptor auto cannon is a nice extra weapon to blast away with, and when are summon-able , long cool down time, pets ever useful? Some additional Consoles I use:
Acteon(?) Assimilator is nice on this, as it can slow down those quick ships, and absorb some of that AoE energy damage, while dealing a decent amount back.
The Barrier ability works nice when I need to turn this boat around. Its a great console ship that confused and makes people angry... wonderful!
And Subspace jump as I mentioned.. So I can use my little heavy plasma torp, harpeng launcher ( fire almost simultaneously ) and auto cannon, after using Target Weapons and Subnuecleonic(?) beam ... yes its a sci officer so no real instant explosions

It is a pain with the turnrate, but isnt that the point?

The Odyssey is nice too,

Detachable Saucer improves turn rate greatly, the little worker bees are fine, and another minimally useful pet. I am looking at other consoles to work with this one, but havent found too many yet. I just got it last night so I still need time to play with it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-28-2012, 10:03 PM
I've been playing with one too, and I've found if you get 3 purple conn doffs the turn wait isn't so bad because you have 15 sec recharge on Evasive Maneuvers. Plus get Detrinium or however you spell it and you are set. You can do a quick 180 by going into reverse and pushing back and up (or down) while doing EM or on D. Practice and all of a sudden a quick 180 and boom disruptor auto cannon muhahahaha.